seven

CHAPTER 7
[ 8230 words ]

"HEY BETH ARE YOU FREE tonight?", jaeden overheard lauren ask. it had been about a week since the violet falling asleep on him incident, and nothing relatively interesting's happened since. violet spent most of her suspension on set with them and it was everything. when he wasn't doing anything, he was with her. it was probably the most enjoyable three days of his life.

"no august and i are going out, why?"

"damn it. audrey and justin are going on a double date with erin and wyatt tonight too"

"ew that's gotta be awkward. why?"

"the director of wyatt and audrey's project thinks they're too tense around each other. so he told them to hang out. audrey suggested the double date because she didn't wanna be left alone with wyatt" lauren scoffed, oblivious to jaeden eavesdropping on their conversation as she and beth took a seat on the foldable chairs right behind his.

"i mean i get it but that sounds horrible. but anyway, what do you need? ask bella and lucas"

"bella and lucas are in paris. they just wanted to go so they left. my mom is in minnesota. my aunt is there with her. i wouldn't ask lexie to watch over violet. ugh this sucks"

"why do you need someone to watch over violet?"

"i'm going on a date with riley"

jaeden felt a slight pang in his heart after her statement. it irked him, he's been seeing another girl for four years and lauren never said a thing. he hears about her going out with a guy that isn't him and he wanted to pummel his face into a car door.

"oh well if that's the case i can take violet if you need!" beth suddenly offered, beaming in delight

"no no, it's fine. you enjoy your date with august, guess i'll just have to cancel"

"no you're not! riley sloan was my all time favorite boyfriend of yours! you are not missing this date! august and i can watch over violet. we love her!"

"hi i'm right here" jaeden chimed in, clearing his throat to catch beth's attention but clearly she didn't care

"i know you are"

"was i really that bad?"

"no, honestly you would've been my favorite. after all you're the reason we have violet, and she's the best kid in the world. but if the words neurotic psychopath ring a bell to you then you'll understand why i like riley more than you" beth replied with a cheeky grin, scrunching her nose up at jaeden who sighed in defeat.

"still sorry"

"it's all good. well for lauren at least which is all that matters. it's a little hard for me to forget the conversation that went down between me and your friends"

"beth" lauren grumbled, shaking her head at the blonde

"just saying, but hey it's none of my business. he's your baby daddy" beth shook her head, raising her arms up in surrender.

"mhm, thanks beth. but yeah i am — violet's father so i can watch her if you need me to. i don't mind"

"what? no — it's fine jaeden really. i can watch her, you guys should spend time with your girlfriends"