nineteen

author: unedited bc i don'y have much free time anymore but i hope you guys enjoy :))

CHAPTER 19
[ 8620 words ]

"OKAY JAEDEN JUST TEXTED, HIM and violet are on the way and — uncle jackson? what're you doing here?"

thankfully, the whole party preparation thing went smoothly and all of violet's guests were there. from jaeden's friends (wyatt, and the others) to lauren's friends, to their family members and bailey, they all showed up for violet's birthday. no way they were going to miss it.

what puzzled lauren was the arrival of her uncle jackson, she noticed that her aunt april was there too. not that she had anything against them, violet was known around the hospital and was well loved amongst her grandmother's colleagues, lauren just wasn't expecting them.

"mer realized that harriet, my daughter, and violet were the same age so she invited us. she thinks they'd be good friends. also something about there only being one kid even though it's a five year old's birthday, so now there are two kids"

"huh, harriet is violet's age. anyways glad to have you hear, hope you guys have fun" she said politely, she smiled at him before walking away.

she then made her way over to riley who was munching on some leftover cupcake batter. she wrapped her arms around him and placed her head on his shoulder, "jaeden and violet are on the way" she told him.

riley looked at her kind of puzzled, but he simply nodded in reply and said "they're lactose intolerant, they can't eat this batter"

"no dumbass, hide and get ready. also you'll get salmonella"

"i'll be fine. can't i bring the bowl with me while i hide?"

"it's gonna spill on the carpet"

"you don't know that. since when were you such a neat freak?" he teased, playfully pinching her cheek before he kissed the side of her lips. lauren rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, taking the bowl away from him. "just hide and get ready okay?"

"fine"

the blonde scrunched her nose up at her boyfriend who couldn't help but give her a kiss on the lips. lauren watched as he walked away and yelled at lucas about calling dibs on some hiding spot, retaining the smile on her lips as she did so.

she turned to the right and saw her best friend observing her carefully. audrey had her brows furrowed as if she were trying to decipher something, lauren was about to approach her and ask what all that was about, but she received a text from jaeden saying they were in the neighborhood already, audrey's staring could wait.

"they're here! everyone hide!" justin yelled as beth went over to turn off the lights. lauren picked up the small confetti cannon on the kitchen table. she hid under the kitchen island and listened attentively as jaeden and violet approached the front door.

she could hear them chatting about something that involved whales, violet's latest obsession, hence the cupcakes with whales on them. next thing you know, they head the doorknob click and the door opening with a loud creak.

"why are the lights off? is mama not home?"

just then, the lights turned on, everyone jumped out of their hiding spots, yelled "surprise!", and blasted their confetti