eight

CHAPTER 8
[ 6962 words ]

"OH SHE DOES NOT LIKE peas! no she doesn't! i'm so sorry baby" the sound of 20-year old lauren's voice blasted through the speakers of jaeden's tv as an eight, maybe nine month old violet started wailing like it was the end of the world.

a masculine laugh was heard from behind the camera which jaeden could only assume was riley's. frankly he was a little confused as to how long lauren and riley actually dated, lauren said two months but based on the videos, he was around during violet's entire first year of life.

"yeah violet we don't like peas! tell your mama to go feed you some chocolate! for fucks sake"

"riley!"

"no he's right! go get her something else!" justin. that was definitely justin, just by the way lauren flipped him off.

"maybe she just wants breast milk. shirt off holland! justin look away. lucas and riley have seen it they'll be fine" audrey remarked, jaeden couldn't help but chuckle at lauren's expression. he's saw that a lot in the past. she wore it every time he said something that annoyed her, and it stayed on her face because he always found it cute when she was annoyed.

"no, violet likes carrots. we should just feed her that" beth said as lauren picked up violet from her high chair, trying to soothe daughter who was still wailing. the camera shifted a little and riley walked into the frame so he could wipe the mess off violet's face.

"yeah, i think dada riley would prefer the breast milk" now that was definitely bella, who else would be confident enough to say that?

the 'dada riley' rubbed jaeden the wrong way, but he reminded himself that at this time, they all thought he wasn't going to be back in lauren's life at all.

"bella i'm showing these videos to my daughter when she's eighteen!"

"then she'll be old enough! it'll also explain why she has so many half siblings!"

"lauren and i aren't even dating anymore"

"yeah but you two still go at it like rabbits. bloody hell mate she just had a baby calm down" jaeden forgot how thick lucas' british accent was. he hadn't talked to the guy in a long time, the moment he started to talk in the video jaeden knew almost exactly who it was

"okay cut the cameras we are not showing violet any of this"

"ah-dada" violet cooed, reaching out towards riley. everyone in the room paused, the silence was deafening.

jaeden couldn't bare to watch another second of that video, so he decided to just not finish it and skip to the next video. he didn't need that kind of negativity in his life anyway.

it was a little over a week after he watched violet for the night, nothing interesting's happened since. he hasn't even seen riley around. though he knew he was still seeing lauren because of the stories he'd overhear her telling beth.

on a cold sunday night, jaeden was laying in bed, watching the videos on lauren's hard drive. she took a lot more than videos he had expected, not that he was complaining. it was nice to watch violet growing up anyway.