Chapter 8

"Please follow me." The teenager gestures for the knight.

Kamui stares at one of the dead haikrokros before stomping on its head, effectively stopping it from twitching but also dirtying herself even more.

Morma stares blankly at her. "Really?" He sighs. "I am not helping you with... there." He glances at the hem of her dress.

She gives him a thumbs up while mimicking his expression even though she has not understood a word he said.

He rolls his eyes, making his way toward the forge where his father is waiting with his arms crossed, an haikrokros resting at his feet.

The man has a greyish beard, burn marks on the right side of his face and a blind eye. He is fat, but not an obese kind of fat, no, he is a weightlifter kind of fat. And yet the behemoth of a man radiates friendliness. "Ah! Ma boy. You arrive just in time." He smiles brightly, putting his arm around the young boy's shoulder. "And I see you brought back a pretty woman with you."

"Ah ah ah..." He mocks.

"You are not denying it!" He slaps his son's shoulder, making him take a step forward. "Well. We will need some water. Don't want the lady to stay in this state, don't you agree?" He whispers the last part.

Morma raises his eyebrows in exasperation. "Yeah yeah. I'll go grab some water."

As he goes inside, his father takes a better look at the bloodied knight. 

She was looking at the blacksmith's various items when she felt his gaze and decided to face him.

"Rough morning, uh?" He smiles knowingly. "If I get my hand on the one who lured them here." His expression turns vicious before going back to its usual self. "Anyway, you don't seem afraid to dirty your hands, missy." The man jokes, referring to the red forearms of the small blonde.

"Her name is Kamui." A woman steps out of the forge, a basin of water in her arms. "He is looking for towels, before you ask." She sighs with a knowing look.

The father gives the knight a glance. "That's my wife, now you know from who Morma's grumpiness comes." He whispers the last part.

"It seems like someone will cook their own dinner today, Bordak." She huffs with a hand on her hip.

"She says that because she has already prepared lunch." Bordak tells the oblivious Kamui. "I can cook anyway." He proclaims loudly and proudly.

A little 'uh uh' escape his wife's lips as she does not look very convinced.

The burly man continues. "My uncle always told me that forging is similar to cooking and if you really think about it..."

"And here he goes again." She finally looks at their guest and smiles motherly as her husband keeps on rambling. "You can wash your armor here if you want, honey."

Kamui approaches and dips her hands in the warm water, red mixing with it. With a sigh, she steps inside the basin and lowers herself to her waist.

Morma, who just arrived, stares at the girl with a tired face. "It won't take the blood off."

She stands back up and steps out of the basin as the boy offers a towel, which she ignores.

Kamui's all-black body rapidly loses its wet look as water falls off of it at an unnatural speed.

"Alright." He scoffs as she joins his mother, the woman gesturing for her to come closer.

Morma jumps as a wet hand claps on his shoulder. "Resourceful women are the most interesting." Bordak laughs as he grabs a towel from his son's arms.

"Whatever." The young man shakes his head before pulling the basin on the porch and following them inside.

He throws the towels in the kitchen before joining everyone in the living room.

"I told you that she had already made lunch." Bordak smiles at the confused blond.

His wife glances at him with a defying look. "Keep on talking and your plate will remain empty. Here you go, honey." She offers a plate to their guest.

"(Oh no no no, I can't)" Kamui shakes her head sheepishly.

This makes the housewife frown as she puts the plate in front of her. "You are going to eat young lady, I can see your bones under your skin and that is not acceptable."

"You are scaring the Missy." Bordak reprimand her.

She huffs and the two of them bicker once again.

"They do that all the time." Morma catches the knight's attention. "Don't mind them, they will stop eventually." He shrugs while munching on his food.

Kamui starts to eat tentatively, whispering a '(thank you for this meal)' before making the content of her plate vanish at an alarming pace.

"It won't disappear." Morma mumbles, his forehand in his right hand.

------

"Ragna, I am glad to see you doing so well." Bordak's wife greets the woman.

She smiles back. "I am here for Kamui, Amaka." 

The housewife lets her inside. "I'm not sure Bordak will give her back to you." She chuckles.

They enter the hot forge, both Morma and his father leaning over Kamui as she sharpens the various knives laying around. "How easy it is to cut with it now." Bordak exclaims as his lucky knife cuts through paper without ripping it.

"I wanna try too." The youngest looks at the clean cut.

His paternal scoffs. "As if I would allow you to touch my first knife."

Morma frowns. "You can just make another one." He jumps around, trying to catch the sharp instrument.

"Forge one yourself!" The behemoth rebukes.

Meanwhile, Kamui is looking at them, her eyes reflecting the flames of the furnace. Which also shows her lack of sweat compared to the two men bickering.

"Kamui." Ragna calls softly, catching the knight's attention. "I apologize for the inconvenience." She bows to Amaka thankfully.

The taller woman's smile widens. "It was a pleasure to keep such a sweety for lunch." She turns to the small blonde. "Thank you for passing by, honey."

"Thank you, you." Kamui nods respectfully.

"How silly of me, my name is Amaka." She shakes her head. "Now go away before they notice!" She whispers playfully as they exit the building.

"Good night Amaka." Ragna waves.

"Night." The knight imitates the woman.

Amaka only smiles before going back inside as they turn around a corner. "Eh? Where is she?" She sighs as she hears her husband's question.