Chapter 9

Everyone in the coastal village knew what Kamui had to do for Akim to come back among the living.

She will have to travel to Piltover, the city of progress were she might find someone capable of creating a body good enough for Akim's soul.

But there is one problem that needs to be resolved.

Kamui does not speak their language.

To remedy this problem, it was decided to let the young woman assist to their activities.

That is how she found herself surrounded by children during the weekly youngster meeting.

Every Wednesday afternoon, teenagers and children who are underaged for marriage gather to play and relax.

While she is technically at the age where she can get married, it was concluded that it would be easier for her to learn with the youngsters.

"Kat" She nods to herself at the drawing of the animal.

The child who showed it to her shakes her head. "Nuh uh, it's cat! Cat!"

Kamui nods, her brows furrowing in determination. "Cat."

The children cheer for her in a chorus of giggles.

During the last weeks, Kamui has had a small makeover.

The right side of her hair is now an intricate arrangement of small braids and Niyah's gift lays on her head like a crown.

Senna, the Light Sentinel, has given her more light fragments that are now showing her entire body, golden bracelets and a collar keeping those in place.

The gothic dress has been abandoned for a local outfit, baggy pants and a sleeveless tunic now adorning her petite figure.

The cloth around her waist is decorated with haikroko's teeth, a gift for her (violent) display of strength.

Her forearms are covered by reddish brown bandages, matching Ragna's.

However, she has kept the pair of snickers she has been wearing up until now.

"What's this?" Niyah brandishes a drawing of a wolf.

"Uh... Fox?" Kamui raises an eyebrow.

"No!" They say in unison

The blonde frowns and starts to draw on one of the papers.

Staring at the paper, the children get closer in wonder. Even Morma.

After 5 minutes, Kamui shows a semi-realistic drawing of a fox's head. "Fox?"

"Pretty fox." The youngest girl of the group, Kjeel mutters, her eyes just reaching over the table.

Kamui hands it to her with a small smile. "Pretty fox." She repeats.

The little girl grabs the piece of paper with wide eyes and keeps it clumsily against her chest. "Thank you."

A boy whispers to the other who seem to realize something.

Kamui has not given the right name for the wolf drawing.

They brandish it with outraged cries.

"Volf?" She tries.

"Wolf." They correct her.

Kamui stares blankly. "Yes, Volf."

"W-olf!"

She rolls her eyes. "Fox is the more good."

This lights a debate between the children, some agreeing, some liking the wolf better, and others liking another animal.

Morma leans closer. "More good." He gestures no with his finger. "Best." He gives a thumb up.