Is to Know a Zombie

This is what happens when you interfere with fate. Maybe you weren't supposed to save me. Maybe I was supposed to die. But you had to step in. You wanted to be my hero and to rescue me and to keep me alive. Why? Now you've kept a corpse alive for eight years all so you could call yourself the hero. You just wanted a trophy to show off, to prove to yourself that you could do something right. But now you're the monster you claimed to be rescuing me from. You made me love you, made me believe in a false future. There is no other future for me, no other person. The only other person I showed interest in, told me to kill myself. You've caused this warp in the time continuum all for your ego. And now that I'm a breathing, rotting zombie, you're telling me to leave, when you were the only reason I held on in the first place. 

I had no 
               emotions
                                  I had no 
                                                 attachments.
I was ready
                     to
                         die.

You decided that wasn't good enough. That I needed to love, needed things to feel attached to, that way when my world ended, I'd truly understand the pain of it all

And now
                 I do.
                       I am 
                              broken.
I am numb.

But thanks to these attachments you've created for me, I'm bound here, until I am dust and blown off the earth by a merciful breeze. And you? You'll move on to your next trophy. Your next victim. Your next move. Your next zombie.