XX

A few hours later, the entire Triforce was gathered between Princess Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link. And now, the Hyrule Warrior stood in front of him holding a blue shield with the Triforce and a red bird on it.

"What is that?" Link asked.

"The Hylian Shield. It has been passed down for several thousand years between heroes. It was obtained by the Hero of the Skies from the Thunder Dragon Lanayru as a reward for completing a trial. Now it is yours to use in your fight against Valoria." The ancient hero gave the shield to Link who strapped it to his belt without hesitation.

"So what now?" Ganon asked.

"Your second set of trials is in the same location, but it is not in the same time. You will pass through Gates of Time in each of the temples that protect the sacred springs. From there, you will go to the towns in each region. Lurelin Village, Zora's Domain, and Goron City. There are people in these cities that can pass along your next mission to you." The ancient hero explained with an extremely straight face. He didn't seem to ever show emotion if he could help it.

"We will head out then. Ready for another week-long trip, everyone?" Zelda asked exasperatedly.

Demise snorted. "Forget that. We will send you to your locations immediately."

Before anyone could say anything, Link was teleported straight to the Temple of Courage. And in front of him, a dark wall made of a strange substance rose from the ground in front of him.

"Use a beam from your sword to activate the Gate of Time. You should be warned that this will take you back to a time immediately after my death. Anyone you talk to will probably say something about the hero's death. You should find the Lurelin Village elder, Trevian." the ancient hero said worriedly, perhaps allowing a note of anxiety in his voice.

I'll be alert. It will be interesting to see the past, though. Link responded curiously.

He charged up the Master Sword and sent the beam at the wall. It began to glow before shattering into several cubes and swirling around.

They started to come together before assembling into a gear-shaped wall of cubes. Finally, it smoothed out into an actual gear that was being rotated by two smaller gears. The portal was made out of a light blue material and was imprinted with several signs relating to Din, Nayru, Farore, Hylia, and the Triforce.

He tapped the portal and the center collapsed into a pitch black center. It was then filled with a bunch of rotating gears creating a tunnel.

He hesitated. Should I?

"Just step through. It will not do anything to your body except transport you to a whole other time period." the hero informed Link.

Alright. the Gerudo boy answered.

He stepped through the portal. He looked behind him and saw the temple slowly become more distant as he walked further and further.

Suddenly, he collapsed onto the ground. He was still in the temple but it seemed... young. It wasn't overgrown or cracked. It looked like it had been recently built.

He walked through the temple. He saw the statues and the entrance to the Temple of Courage. And then he really saw it.

The temple really was recently built. It was made of a fresh, white stone. The door was lined with gold with emeralds stamped into the gold. He walked down the river and eventually found the main path that went through the Faron region.

"Feel free to explore this new world. But I will let you know that no matter where you look, you will not find Zelda or Ganondorf here since, one; this is far before they were even born so they don't exist yet. Two; they did not enter the same Gate of Time as you." the Hyrule Warrior explained with a note of amusement.