Chapter Two

I woke up before my alarm rang, so I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. After taking my morning routine, I went downstairs.

"Good morning, Ara. Nagluto ako ng paborito mong ulam kasi alam kong papalapit na naman yung matinding pag-eensayo ninyo para sa laro. Halika na at kumain. Ang payat payat mo na, nako kang bata ka." said Yaya Annie, my long time nanny and my closest here in the house. She became my mother when my mom isn't here. Yaya Annie is like my second mom. She's always taking care of me. Never forgetting to remind to take care of myself, and most of all, she loves me and she's always there for me when I needed love the most.

"Good morning, nanay. Thank you po." I replied and kissed her in the cheeks.

Yes, I call her nanay. Only with her, I can be myself. Sa kanya lang ako sweet and I know she deserves it. She's my human diary, a nanay material indeed. The only thing is she has no family. She's been serving our family ever since when she was still a kid. Nanay Annie was a palaboy when she was about 15 years old. Lola fed her, pinaaral sya and pinalaki sya dito and she promised to give back by serving our family. Me and the house, for short.

I took breakfast and went to BEG because we have an early call time today. Upon arriving, I saw Maddie walking so sumabay ako sa kanya papasok.

"So, how's your morning?" Maddie asked.

"Kinda tired from finishing all of my assigned tasks and presentations but glad I made it on time today since I slept late kagabi. I am actually shocked because I woke up before tumunod yung alarm ko." I replied. Also tired of thinking kung sino yung owner ng journaling notebook na nakita ko. Maddie just nodded and we continued on walking to BEG, until I saw this boy somewhere near the BEG. I think he's waiting for his colleagues but he seems familiar. Ah, baka I saw him in the campus pero he seems new here eh, bahala na nga. Why am I even bothering?

The day today went on — training, class, lunch, class and then training again, and then uwian. I am walking papunta sa car ko when someone bumped me. He's wearing a jacket similar to the one I saw in that cafe but with different color.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't notice na we're on the same path pala. I'm sorry talaga, Ms—?" he asked.

"Elleara. Alkeena Elleara de Leon. And no biggies. It's not that big of a problem naman eh. Just be observant nalang Mr—?" I asked.

"Rayne. Rayne Antonio Asistio pero everyone calls me Anton." He said and then we shake hands. He's a nice guys, tho.

"By the way, Anton. Can I ask you something?" This might be the time to know the truth about the notebook I found. He looks kind and optimistic but I don't know him at all. So, might as well not trust him.

"Yes, of course. What is it?" He replied cheerfully.

"About your —" I didn't finish what I'm going to say when my phone rang. Nanay Annie is calling.

"Wait, hold on. I'll just answer this call" I said to him.

"Yeah take your time. But I think I have to go na. Someone is waiting for me eh. It was nice meeting you, Elleara. I'll answer your question next time." He said ang signaled to leave.

"Bye, I'm sorry!" I replied.

I answered the call and found ate Joy crying on the line. What the fuck is going on? Kinakabahan ako.

"Mam, yung parents mo po." she said while her voice is shaking. . .

"What happened, ate?!" My knees are shaking while waiting for her answer so, I ended the call. Hurriedly got on the car and mabilis na umuwi. I can't hear any sound na. I'm focusing on driving because I am in the verge of crying out of nervousness. I wanna go home safe so I safely drove my car back home.

After minutes of driving, I arrived home to see nanay Annie waiting for me in the gate with sadness and pity in her eyes. I am so damn confused of what's happening pero I hope I am wrong.

"Anak, pasok muna tayo sa loob. May naghihintay sayo sa loob." Said manang and guided me to enter the house. Pagkapasok ko, I saw my parent's secretary.

"Good evening, Ms. Elleara. I would like to inform you about what had happened to your parents just this afternoon. But before that, please settle down." She said.

"Just fucking say it!" I yelled. You can't blame me. I love my parents even though they're always not here and I am so nervous. I am shaking, like literally shaking.

"Well, okay. While on their way here to surprise you, they got into serious accident causing your mom in an injury." She said.

"And what about my dad? The hell, continue with what you are saying!" fudge. I can't think straight anymore. "Sorry, please continue." I added.

"Your dad... He is in a deep coma. Your dad suffered from a traumatic head injury. While on their way here, there was this truck na nakabangga sa car ng parents mo at daddy mo ang pinaka naapektuhan. I am so sorry to bring this devastating news to you pero the doctor said that your dad has a 50/50 chance of regaining his consciousness and might suffer short-term memory loss once he wakes up. Again, I am sorry for this news but I'll message you the address of the hospital later. For now I have to go and take care of the papers for your parents." She said and left.

I am so shocked of what had happened. I am so hurt right not but I can't cry. Why can't I cry? My chest is tightening from the pain I'm feeling and my knees are weak as hell. I walked to my room like a lost child. What did I do to deserve this? Today's not a good day, I guess?