Chapter Three

Ferdinand's POV

Rain. I hate rain. It reminds me of how papa died, leaving all the responsibilities on my shoulder. It was raining so hard when I arrived home seeing my father lifeless, on the couch, with his drinks and alcohol. No hate though, I love my mama and my sister but I sometimes wanna do the things that I love, AGAIN. I can somehow say that we lived a wealthy and comfortable life before that tragic death of my father.

Alcohol poisoning. That is the reason of his death. I was just 15 years old when he left us. Leaving all of the debt and responsibilities to us, to me. We have to give up our family house in Iloilo to pay for the debt of my father. He used to be my model, my idol but everything changed when he got addicted to gambling. After losing all the money he and mom saved, he became a useless and drunkard father who beats his child, specifically me, because of his guilt. I, together with my sister and mom, were forced to leave the house. So, my mom's sister insisted that we live in their house sa Manila.

Today is Friday and I am planning on getting a scholarship in ADMU. I asked my cousin who is also studying there and he said that I should play basketball. Last time I played basketball, like real game, was when I was still in High School, before namatay si papa. Pero, nakakapaglaro pa rin naman ako dati pero not a real games where there is championships and all of that. I missed playing so I'll probably join the tryouts.

I'm on my way to my cousin's house. Malapit lang yung bahay nila sa ADMU kaya they are insisting na we should take the house next to the house in front of them. Maganda naman yung house and very spacious sya for the three of us but we're quite not sure because it's so pricy. I need to make more money pa to buy that house.

I was busy talking to Tony, my cousin, nang biglang umulan.

"Well, I guess you should sleep here since it's already 5pm and it's raining very hard, broddie? It's okay lang naman to stay here for the night. I have clothes naman na kasya sayo" My cousin said. Well, I'm just very thankful that my mom's relatives are kind and welcoming to useven though bago lang kami nagkakilala, personally. But—

"I can't. Antayin ko nalang matapos 'tong ulan at uuwi ako. Walang kasama si Mom at si Therese sa bahay eh. Next time nalang. I promise you that." I replied.

Since I hate rain, never in my life I have ever experienced na maligo sa ulan and mag enjoy. Everytime na nakikita ko ang ulan, naaalala ko ang ama ko and it's not a good thing. It was hella traumatic for me and for everybody.

While waiting na tumila ang ulan, Tony is kind of tired, so he dozed off on the sofa. We are currently on his room, may balcony sa kwarto nya so dito ako naghihintay. May naririnig akong tunog ng bola and I saw this girl sa tapat ng house nina Tony. She has dull eyes. Walang buhay ang kaniyang mga mata, tila ba pinagsakluban sya ng langit at ng lupa. She is playing volleyball and she's good at it. Pain is evident in her face. It seems like she's broken and no one knows, no one notices her grief and that's because she doesn't let anyone know.

Just seeing her makes me wanna hug her, tightly. She's so beautiful and pure.

She entered the house soaking wet in the rain with her ball and the sadness she's been hiding. And rain stopped. I need to go home bago mag 7pm at walang kasama ang mga babae ko sa bahay.

"Broddie, una na 'ko. Tell tita thank you for assisting us." I said.

"Ingat ka sa pag-uwi, and wala yon, you deserve all the help." He replied and tap my shoulders.

I went home, prepared my clothes and self for tomorrow because I am going to enroll to ADMU. Wish me luck! (>_<)