𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟣

I felt bad for leaving the Madrigals with Sofía but I really had to go back home and help with everything

For some reason, Camilo was kind enough to offer to walk with me.

"Wait, so why are you walking with me, again?"

"I don't know, Dolores said to and of course, I couldn't let my most favourite person get into trouble on her way home." Rolling my eyes, I looked back forward and walked.

"Wow, being your most favourite person...that's a real honour." He laughed at me, recognising a man and shapeshifitng ito him quickly.

"Hola Pablo!" He greeted, waving to the man who looked over and chuckled, waving back.

"You must now everyone then, huh?" I asked and he turned back and glanced at me, smirking.

"Yup, Abuela Alma made me remember everyone's names. At first it was boring but when I finally got to see all those smiles on their faces when I said their names, it was pretty fun!" He grinned.

We walked in silence, already halfway there.

🔆

"So, Uhh. This is probably a really personal topic, you don't have to answer if you don't want to..." I raised an eyebrow and he refused to make eye contact. "But...the other day, at school, when we were talking about the project...I was just wondering." My heart sank, as I immediately knew what he was going to ask. "Your mum...isn't...here...is she?"

I gulped and looked back at him, trying hard not to cry as I felt tears start to bubble up. Nodding at him as a way of silently saying yes. For some reason I told him, even though we were practically enemies, or maybe, frenemies.

I don't really know why I thought that, maybe the fact that we were always arguing and he was always teasing me.

Though, I don't think we would be consider as friends.

I still didn't feel that bad telling him about her. Of course, it wasn't as easy as telling Mirabel, but something about him felt...I don't know, trustworthy and comfortable.

"She died...umm...giving birth to Ana.." I said softly, holding back the tears that were ready to burst.

Camilo must've noticed because out of nowhere, he gave me a hug.

It was nice actually. He was a bit taller than me so his arms wrapped around my upper torso.

Suddenly, I couldn't hold it in anymore, and I broke down crying. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his ruana.