𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟥𝟤

Camilo made our way around the corner to join everyone, Dolores trailing close behind us

Camilo made our way around the corner to join everyone, Dolores trailing close behind us. My cheeks feeling slightly less hot and our blushes fading away as we saw Mirabel, Julieta and Agustín hugging.

"Escuché eso por cierto. (I heard that by the way)"

I whipped my head quickly, seeing Dolores behind me with a smirk. "Que? I don't know what you're talking about..." I turned back around, trying not to look too obvious.

"Wait..."I turned back to Dolores, "so what did happen to the candle?" She stared at me for a while, looking extremely guilty.

"It, well, burnt out and melted..." She said softly and my jaw dropped, stupid fucking candle, we turned back to Mirabel.

"I'll be okay..." Agustín said, smiling at Mirabel and assuring her, even with all of the bee stings he had gotten that made him swell up.

"Uhh, not if we don't have a house..." Camilo cut in, totally ruining the moment so Félix nudged him. "What? We don't have a house, I can't say we don't have a house?" I rolled my eyes, everyone's attention was on him, "What is that?" he gestured to a pile of crumbled rocks and cement, "Not a house..."

I guess he's got a point. That gives me an idea.

Mirabel chuckled at her cousin and walked up the steps. Looking sad and guiltily around her, everyone started walking inside with her, I walked up slowly as well to get to Mirabel. Hitting Camilo on the back of the head on the way as he side-eyed me.

"I'll be right back." I whispered and gave her a warm smile. I walked back down the small steps but on my way saw Bruno hiding behind a bush.

I chuckled, "Hola." He jumped up from his hiding spot, standing and looking slightly terrified.

"Oh, hola." He smiled and I glanced back to everyone.

"Bruno, you should go say hi." He shook his head immediately and I sighed, I walked slightly behind him, giving him a powerful shove so he flew right in front of the steps. "Yesss, Bruno's back bitches..." I mumbled as everyone looked shocked to see him standing there.

I quickly made a break for it and sprinted down the path into town.

"Pá! Papá!" I yelled out, getting close to our house. By now, a few people had already heard or knew about the Madrigal's disaster casita and were talking about what to do.

Pá came out of the house in a hurry but slowed when he saw I was alright. "Sí, what is it?"

"We need tools, like a lot. The casita fell down and the Madrigals don't have a home so can we get the town to help rebuild it?" I could tell it was a lot to take in, especially when I was saying it all very quickly and out of breath.

"Uhh, right, yes. You get some things, Miguel will show you where I'll talk to some of the families, try spread the word around." I nodded and grinned, quickly running off inside to find Miguel.