108 | melody's muse

melody's muse
by Leolunah

completed : -rating : -tw⚠️ : -

completed : -
rating : -
tw⚠️ : -

chapters : 35
age group : new adult
genre : romance

representation : -

summary :
cole flynn develops a newfound appreciation for classical music after reluctantly agreeing to attend a concert. charmed by the talents and beauty of melody aria, he finds himself immediately intrigued and drawn to her. he quickly finds out his smooth talk and good looks won't get him far, and is determined to find a way to her heart.
a famous piano prodigy, nineteen year old melody is an enigma to the world. she's been hiding from the public eye for years. no pictures of her from the last decade exist online, she rejects all interviews, and most of her fans have never even heard her voice. all with no known explanation. that's just how she likes it, until one night, she finds an unwelcome visitor outside her door who isn't willing to give up without a fight.

notes :
the following results are from the criteria given by WritersHelpProd (aka lovely anna)

first round ⁴³/⁵⁰

cover ⁷/¹⁰
title ¹⁰/¹⁰
blurb ¹⁴/¹⁵
hook ¹²/¹⁵

so great first impressions but i am more hooked after reading the first few chapters. congrats on making it to the second round x

second round ⁵⁸/⁶⁰

characters ⁹/¹⁰
i love love love cole. i think he is really funny, relatable and also intelligent. melody is okay, she's hardworking and talented. your characters definitely have different personalities. only minus for me is why cole is so interested in melody. otherwise, great character introductions.

plot ¹⁰/¹⁰
honestly no criticism or complaints here. the occurring of the events went smoothly. nothing seemed rushed.

writing style ²⁹/³⁰
okay the use of metaphors on point, the descriptions perfection. i absolutely love your writing style. the duo povs are fun, but as i've mentioned before i find cole's perspective more amusing. beautifully beautifully written work but- and it's a tiny but- in the back of my mind i was like would a guy think/say all this? that's how well it's written. but then i'm like luca when you buy a hardcopy that's how people talk. so i guess that's me just saying it's a masterpiece.

grammar ¹⁰/¹⁰
i enjoy reading well edited, professionally written stories so yeah, great job!

and congrats on making it to round three!

third round /50

plot pacing
characters' development
grammar
hook

i will most definitely be finishing this book.

quotes : -

cool now let's wait for the next round :)