003 ━ red car, fast car

≻───── ⋆THREE⋆ ─────≺

𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃, snatching the CB off the floor and holding it to his mouth. I could hear him panting, his breathing sharp as the radio went off again.

"Hey, you alive in there?" the voice echoed, slightly fuzzy from static but the boy's voice was still clear. He sounded about my age, maybe younger. 

"Hello? Hello?" Rick asked, glancing at me with a nervous smile as sweat trickled down the side of his face. It was hard to see the good in this when I could still hear the rattle and bangs of walkers riding up against the tank.

The CB crackled again and the voice rang out. "There you are. You had me wondering."

"Where are you? Outside?" asked Rick, taking now a nervous glance towards the little window. "Can you see us right now?"

"Yeah, I can see you," said the man, "but you're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news."

I frowned, scooting forward on my hands and knees to speak into the radio. "There's good news?"

"No."

Rick's brows furrowed. It seemed our luck wasn't about to change. "Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you that I'm a little concerned in here."

The man chuckled. "Oh man, you should see it from over here. We're having a major freak out."

"Yeah, no kidding," I muttered, scowling. We didn't have much between the two of us to make it out in here for a while, especially if our gun bag was lying somewhere near the probably dead horse. 

"Got any advice for us?" asked Rick as I settled back down to lean against the wall. 

"Yeah," the man said. "I say make a run for it."

Rick's lips parted and he let out a scoff. "That's it? Make a fun for it?"

"You really think we can fight our way through a pack as big as that?" I snapped, hearing the hands and bodies hitting the tank like horrible frantic echoes. It was worse than the ringing in our ears from Rick blowing the walker's brains out. "We'd never make it."

"My way isn't as dumb as it sounds," the man said in a rushed voice, obviously annoyed with us. "You got eyes from up here, okay? There's one geek up on the tank but the others are all on the ground having a damn feeding frenzy where the horse went down. You with me so far?"

Rick nodded. "So far."

"The street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?"