Christmas in Ninjago- Mistlefoe

Here you go, a slightly late Christmas special among the Ninjago oneshots!  Be prepared for some shenanigans, which may or may not be blamed on a certain fire ninja.

Setting: Wu's Monastary, after Season 10

~~~

It all began as a dare.  A stupid dare, to be sure, but what were the holidays without a little fun?  The decision had been Kai's, unsurprisingly, as he announced it one festive evening.

"Wait.  Mistlefoe?  Not mistletoe?" Jay questioned, exchanging puzzled glances with Cole.

"Exactly," Kai affirmed.  He placed his hands on his hips, appearing quite pleased with himself.  

The other ninja, however, remained far less enthusiastic.  Lloyd shifted uncomfortably.

"So whoever ends up together under it have to fight each other?" he clarified.

"Yep."

"Well, these seems like a bad idea, even on the Kai scale."

Kai shot a glare at Cole, who was now smirking at his joke.  "It's just like any other form of sparring.  Like training.  That's not such a bad idea."

"On the contrary," Zane interjected, "I do not believe Master Wu would appreciate any such activities.  While I cannot say I understand or would prefer the traditional use of mistletoe, I would certainly prefer it over this."

Kai sighed, obviously sulking as he turned away.  "Well, if none of you are willing to accept a dare, I guess that's on you."

"Hold on."  

Kai stopped as Cole spoke, struggling to contain a grin.

"This is your dare?  Of all the things you could dare us to do, this is it?"  Cole punctuated the question with an impressive display of how far he could raise his eyebrow.  

"Why not?  I mean, I know it's not the coolest we've come up with.  But I guess it can't be helped if you're afraid to take me on."

Cole's brow furrowed.  "Alright, the dare is on.  But what if someone who's not a part of the dare steps under the mistlefoe?"

"We leave them out of it," Jay told him flatly.

"Aw, c'mon.  I thought you of all people would want to participate in this kind of nonsense, Jay."

"Well, I sort of do.  Still, it's not like we can decide that for everyone else," he explained.  "It wouldn't be fair to deck some random person who has no idea what they've just walked into, literally."

Zane emitted a heavy sigh.  "Alright.  We will not involve anyone who does not need to be involved, or especially does not want to.  I also propose that we actually fight, rather than deciding to 'deck' said person, as Jay described it."

"Got it."  Kai smirked at the other ninja.  "I just knew I could get you guys on board.  Told you I had a great idea!"

There was a rather stretched out bit of silence as the other four watched the fire ninja turn his back and swagger away.  Lloyd sighed once more, shifting uncomfortably.  Eventually, it was Jay who decided to break the silence.

"Should we tell him we just agreed to humor him and that we really think that was a terrible idea, or should that wait til later?"

"Wait until later," Cole advised.

With that said, he turned on his heel and walked after Kai to the monastery, the others trailing behind.

Nya, meanwhile, was busy decorating the monastery with the help of Misako, while carrying on a somewhat similar topic of conversation.