Easy, Breezy | Morro x Reader

Here it goes: my first character x reader oneshot.  This makes me a little nervous, but hopefully since I can successfully write other types of oneshots, I can write this, right?  As per the combined request of  Chickengirl250 and Theblackorb9, I will be writing about Morro, our favorite villainous windy boi.

Setting: Outskirts of Ninjago City (forested/mountainous), late at night, after events of Season 5

~~~

It  didn't take a ninja to tell that something was off about him.  The slight, telltale limp of someone too exhausted to properly carry themselves pronounced each and every step the boy took.  The boy in question, or rather, young man, had been the victim of an unfortunate twist of fate.  That was what the darkness weighing under his eyes was enough to tell.

The outskirts of Ninjago City were themselves beat down and broken, occupied by the rare few who were overwhelmed by the bustling crowds and attractions not too far away.  In contrast to the unrelenting desert that stretched along much of the city, lay a tangle of wood and stone, where mountains and towering trees alike converged.  

This, the weary figure had decided, would have to do.  Plenty of shelter, while keeping uncomfortable interactions to a minimum.  Still, the view provided by one of the green-swathed cliffs was one looking down into the city.  The city full of people, people full of energy.

The figure grumbles, flicking an annoyed hand out of the cloak he wore to investigate a patch of ground.  His back turned and focus diverted elsewhere, it did not take any level of stealth, practiced or otherwise, to creep up behind.

You stare at the crouched figure apprehensively, prepared to run should his investigation cease and his attention stray.  The most mysterious part of this intruder, you decide, is his mannerisms.  Sharp eyes scan every detail, but the figure's stance remains relaxed, familiar even.

How long is he going to spend moping around some trees and bushes, anyway?  You shift impatiently to the other foot.  Hopefully not much longer.  In any case, I can't figure out why he would come here of all places.

A moment after the thought crosses your mind, the figure rises, movements flowing swiftly into one another, while still pushing him upright in an instant.  He tilts his head towards the stars as though consulting them with a question he is unable to answer himself.  However, you are instantly aware of his alert stance, even before his questing eyes brush past your nearby hiding place.

Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no

"Who goes there?"

You pause in your silent retreat, surprise and curiosity pulsing through you.  With the darkness provided by the night, you cannot see very much of the stranger.  His voice, however, is far younger and brash than you expected.

Whoever he is, I have a sneaking suspicion he wouldn't be happy to find me here.

With that worried thought, you creep backwards into the heavier undergrowth, pulling your jacket closer around you as it threatens to brush against the branches of greenery.  Darkness pressing in, you close your eyes, desperately attempting to slow your ragged breathing.

I'm so stupid.  Stupid me, stupid condition, stupid lungs that can't hold enough air.

The figure slowly stalks towards you, cocking his head to the side.  Attentive.  Watchful.  And all too likely to hear any movement from you at such a close distance.  Only a dozen  more steps, and he would come across the poorly hidden individual he searched for.

"I'm not angry.  And I certainly don't think I'm that scary."  A pause as he emits what seems to be a rueful sigh.  "In fact, I'm not all that scary even when I am trying."