🌺 | 𝘋𝘰𝘴 𝘖𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘴

𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩? [Yes] | No

Note: Thank you so much for
this request! It was really
fun writing! Also, I did some
research and boarding school
usually lasts from one to
twelve years, so... 👀

Request by: ac_book_nerd
Could you please do a oneshot where
Camila and Bruno are childhood friends,
and Camila has to leave for boarding school
but they reunite after?

——————

Colombia, Encanto

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘥𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳.

Butterflies fluttered carefree around them, the two laughing as they smiled at each other. The first teenager was a young woman with kinda dark eyes, her chocolate-coloured curls bouncing behind her in a braid. Her skirt swayed with her as she ran, her smile never fading.

The boy beside her smiled at her, his stomach fluttering under his green poncho, the two landing in the grass while staring up at the clouds above them. They smiled softly up at the blue-orange skies as the day was soon coming to a close.

The woman pulled a small item out of her pocket, the man beside her recognising it as the music box the two had spotted in the small shop earlier. His eyes widened, a small smile growing as the woman beside him burst into laughter, the two sitting up in the grass.

"Dios Mio, Camila," The male began with a chuckle. "You took it??"

"Cálmate, Bruno," She smiled, her finger tracing over the music box's engraved exterior. "I left the money for it on the counter. They'll find it, eventually. Oh, and I did get some small keychains for Pepa and Julie."

Bruno shook his head before lying back on the grass, Camila following his example as the music box remained in her hands, which were now resting on her stomach.

"This was fun," Camila spoke up, resting her head on her arm as she angled her body to face Bruno.

"The take-and-run, or just running overall?" Bruno chuckled with a small smile.

Rarely did anyone ever see the man smile, and Camila knew that. She was glad that the two of them got along well enough for the man to be comfortable around her. After all, it did take all their childhood to become best friends.

"Just overall being with you," Camila smiled after letting out a giggle, Bruno's eyes widening slightly as he turned pink, smiling a small smile.

He wouldn't lie, Camila's smile made his stomach churn in a good way. Every time the two were together, he felt his day brighten up. Her radiant demeanour greatly contrasted with his nervous and shy aura, and he greatly disliked interaction with most people, yet he couldn't help but be drawn closer to her each time.

He wanted so desperately to tell her his feelings, but each time he felt himself near her presence, he felt himself shy away, feeling so afraid to ruin the friendship that he had cherished so much with this woman. The woman who could magically make his day feel like it would always be perfect. The woman who made him feel like he could conquer all his fears with one word.

"W-Well," Bruno stuttered slightly. "I lo–... enjoy these moments with you, too."

Camila raised a brow at her best friend's slip-up, a smile plastered on her facial features, yet she brushed it off.