💔 | 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘌𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 [2]

𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩? [Yes] | No

Note: Hope you enjoyed it! It was a fun
request :) All characters in this one-shot
are in teens to current ages. This is part
2 to the previous chapter.

A/N: I'm so sorry to announce, but there
will be a lack of updates as I have returned
back to school so everything's a little chaotic.

Request by: Ijustlikemovies
Can we please have another story
where they (Bruno and Camila) are
childhood besties but Abuela doesn't
approve of Camila for some reason?

——————

Colombia, Encanto, 33 years ago

𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳.

The woman nervously hugged her arms close as her eyes darted around in the darkness to look out for the youngest Madrigal. A smile began to grow as soon as she had spotted the familiar green of his poncho's hood, the man walking over to her with dread in his step.

She didn't seem to notice the lack of joy in his expression, hugging Bruno as the Madrigal forced a smile on as soon as he had reached their spot. Camila raised an eyebrow at his expression, soon frowning.

"Hey, you okay?" She placed a hand on his cheek. She felt her heart drop as he reluctantly pulled away, nodding.

"Y-Yeah," He cleared his throat.

Camila frowned at his strange behaviour before facing away, soon sitting on the grass beneath her. She brushed it aside, soon smiling. Bruno felt his heart retch in his chest.

"Alright... but at least watch the stars with me?"

The man didn't say anything, simply seating himself beside his lover, neither exchanging words. The silence was thick as Camila reached for Bruno's hand. The man beside her felt his heart crack further as he spied her pulling her hand away from the side of his eye.

"Bruno," She began. "I know when something's up. You can talk to me, I want to help."

Bruno said nothing, pulling his legs to his chest as he buried his face further into his legs. Camila placed her hands by her side, her eyes soon trained on the sky.

"I think... we should end it."

Camila's eyes widened as she didn't miss the crack in his voice, her head snapping to face Bruno. He said nothing but she saw the way the tears would gather at the corner of his eyes.

"What?" Camila couldn't help but feel her eyes become glossy.

"W-We can't be together anymore, Camila."

Camila felt herself break, her breathing getting laboured. Oh, how badly Bruno wanted to wipe those tears away and to hug her, telling her that he meant none of it. How it was all some sick joke.

"I-If I did something wrong, please just tell me so I can fix myself," Camila began, clutching her dress tight. "I don't want to lose you, too–"

"It's not you, Cami," Bruno interjected, soon standing up. He wouldn't let her take the blame. "I just think you'd be better off without me. You know how others see me!"

You know what my mother thinks of us.

"You don't deserve to be broken down by others just because you look at me! You don't understand how much I worry about you because I'm on the edge of my seat worrying about whether the others know!"

She knows.

"You don't understand how much pressure I'm going under."

That's why I've got to let you go.

"You won't understand, because you're..." Bruno halted before letting his hurt slip. "You're not special."

Camila felt her eyes go wide as more tears began to leak out, crossing her arms as she gripped her sleeves tight. She refused to look at Bruno as the salty liquid kept rolling down. His own eyes widened as he realised what he had said, holding his hand out.

"Camila, I–"

"I-I thought that you cared... I thought that you loved me, but I guess... I guess I've been holding you back, haven't I?"

"Cami, I didn't mean it, I can explain–"

"You've explained enough," Camila glared at him, and Bruno felt himself step back slightly from the amount of malice in her glare. Camila stood up, brushing the dirt off her dress as she wiped the tears away.

"You've made yourself perfectly clear. So, you can just... go."

She soon began to walk away, Bruno soon walking after her.

"Camila, I'm sorry, I–"

"GO!"

He saw the hurt in her eyes as they were filled with tears. He could do nothing now.

He saw her storm off as he slowly walked away, looking back in her direction for the last time as he walked back home, feeling his own tears flood up.

When he had finally reached home, he couldn't look his mother in the eye as she waited for him at the doorway. All he could feel was the hurt and regret of the things he had said to the woman who saw him for who he was, and he knew his actions weren't for the better.

"How did she take it?" Alma stared at her son.

Bruno said no words, walking away as he avoided her gaze. He slowly walked up the stairs of his home, letting the regret fester within him.

"Mi Hijo," Alma frowned. "Please understand that... I only want the best for you, and for this familia."

Bruno said nothing as he pushed his room door open, frowning at his mother one last time before walking into his room.

As soon he landed on his bed, all the tears and regret escaped. He lost her. He wrapped his blankets around him tighter as his sobs rang throughout the night. All he could do now was just hope that one day, she'd forgive him. One day, she'd still love him.

He soon slipped into a slumber as he let the happy few memories they shared drift him to sleep.

——————

Bruno's eyes slowly opened as he grumbled, feeling his body being shaken roughly. He woke up to see Pepa shaking him awake as the two shared concerned looks.

"Where's Camila?" Pepa asked urgently. Bruno sat up slowly rubbing his eyes.

"I..." He hesitated, giving in as he saw his sisters' desperate looks.

"I wouldn't know. We're not... talking anymore."

Pepa and Julieta exchanged weird looks before finally facing Bruno, soon revealing to him the truth so he would no longer be left in the dark.

"She's missing."

——————

[🌻]
I apologise if I had gotten any
of the Spanish phrases or words
wrong. If you speak Spanish, please
don't hesitate to correct my mistakes!