восемь

2012; somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean

A woman hurried down a hallway. She exuded a certain authority as she strode down the hallways.
She looked hastily at her tablet and went through the information that was given to her. She huffed. Anyone who knew her knew that this gesture didn't mean anything good. The woman entered a large, glass-clad room in which several other people were working on computers.
The woman, however, passed them and walked towards a tall, bald man.

"What do you have for me, Hill?" he asked without turning around.

"Sir, our contact from Warsaw was found dead tonight. We are more than sure that it was murder.",Maria Hill replied,"He didn't answer his com, so a team was sent out. They confirmed it."

"Do we already know who it was?" her boss asked.

"Not yet. The interesting thing, however, was that our contact was not hit by a bullet, but with an arrow. The team brought the arrow, but there is still no evidence on the murder."

"That can't be true! I want to know who killed my contact. He had important information to hand over. Damn it, we're not the CIA! We cannot afford our contacts getting eliminated just like flies!" the man answered angrily while turning around.

He looked with his one eye grimly at his Agent.
Agent Hill was about to add something, but was interrupted by a buzz from her intercom. With a glance at her boss she replied immediately.

"Agent Hill here ... yes, I understand,... I'll pass this information on immediately." Maria looked her boss in the face again.

"Director, I have new intel regarding the assassin. There is one group that would take the risk and eliminate the contact. The laboratory confirmed the suspicion. Our man had information about Hydra and their allies, right? That made him a target for them....   I mean they can't have people telling their secrets.So our scientists looked further into the arrow and just now a tiny symbol was found on the arrow."

Hill approached one of the screens. She opened a file in which the symbol was shown enlarged.
Fury stepped closer now, too. As soon as he glanced at the symbol, he inhaled sharply. The symbol was a circle in which two triangles touched each other with the upper tips. This emblem was all too familiar to Fury. He took another quick look at the file before speaking to Agent Hill.

"We need more intel. As soon as you find any other clue on the Red Room's next move , inform me immediately. These motherfuckers are supposed to be gone."

With these words he turned around and walked to his control panel.
Hill only looked after him for a moment before she left the room again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russia

After her accomplished mission, Svetlana thought that she'll go trough the Graduation Ceremony now. That she had to prove herself worth of her given title before graduating fully. But these days nothing went as imagined for the redhead.

When they exited the plane, Svetlana was led to her sleeping quarters immediately. After her won fight against the other girls, she was removed from the big, cold dormitory and was allocated in a separate room that wasn't much warmer.

She had no time to ask, why this whole day was so different from what she heard from other Black Widows. But then again she's not a Black Widow. She's the White Widow.
In her quarters the girl undressed and folded her suit. She slipped into a white nightgown and just sat on the bed waiting for Madame B to come and cuff her to the bed.
When the Madame finally came, Svetlana wasn't cuffed immediately.

"Eto yedinstvennyy raz, kogda ya dazhe blizko podkhozhu k tomu, chtoby ob"yasnit' vam prichinu, po kotoroy ya prinyal resheniye. U vas ne budet gisterektomii, potomu chto eto budet oznachat', chto vy slaby, a eto ne tak. Eto my dolzhny byli napomnit' vam, chto net nichego vazhneye vashikh missiy. Vy znayete, chto vam net mesta v mire. Chernaya Vdova slishkom slaba po sravneniyu s toboy, chtoby ponyat'." Madame B told the redhead while securing her cuffs.

"This is the first and the last time I'll even come close to justifying a decision in front of you. You won't have a hysterectomy because that would mean you are weak...and you are not. It would mean we'd have to remind you that nothing is more important than your missions. You know you have no place in the world. A Black Widow is too weak compared to you to understand that fully."

With these words the older woman stepped out of the room and closing the door.
This night Svetlana couldn't sleep because Madame B's words still lingered in her thoughts and even her hidden desire to escape resurfaced again. The young girl wasn't sure what she wanted anymore.

She wore her mask of coldness and emptiness for so long that she forgot who she's beneath it; A broken girl longing for love and peace of mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n:

Just wanted to say thank you ,for reading and voting for my story so far.
I will probably change the point of view in the next chapter to better reflect Svetlana's emotions.