двенадцать

I just shrugged. "No idea? Ask your teammate."
The captain ignored my presence and turned his head ignorantly towards Natasha.

"Where did you get it?" Natasha asked immediately after Rogers' attention returned back to her.

"Why would I tell you?" countered Rogers.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" Natasha asked pressing further.

"What's on it?"

"I don't know."

"Stop lying!"

"I only act like I know everything Rogers." Natasha answered honestly.

I just sighed as I watched how pathetic Captain America actually is at interrogating. Romanoff, on the other hand, was in her element and deftly ushered her way from answering the Super Soldier's questions. It was as if the two had completely forgotten that I was still in the room. Annoyed, I switched from one leg to the other.

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" Rogers continued their bickering.

"Well it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you." Natasha retorted.

"I'm not gonna ask you again!" The Super Soldier replied angrily and shoved Natasha with force against the wall,again. This caught the ex-assassin slightly off guard and looked wide-eyed up at her teammate.

The negative tension was slowly becoming uncomfortable, so before anything could escalate I stepped in.

"I know who the second assassin was that was on the roof with me!" I exclaimed swiftly.

Both Natasha and Rogers looked deadpanned at me. I simply looked back and forth between the two Avengers.

Rogers rolled his eyes "Obviously you know who was with you. You work with him!"

I exchanged a look with Natasha before continuing with talking. Rogers did not escape the exchange of looks between us and looked at me all the more expectantly.

"Obviously I know who he is. But you don't. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do, call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen of assassinations in the last 50 years. I was trained by him, so my kill-count comes near his. Beside me, there is just a handful of people that can claim ever fighting the Winter Soldier and surviving. No one came even close catching this guy."

"So he's a ghost story." Rogers clarified.

Before I could continue, Natasha cut in and carried on with talking.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out but the Winter Soldier was there.", Natasha told us while maintaining eye contact with Rogers, "I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me." She lifted her top slightly, revealing a scar from a gunshot wound on her stomach. "Soviet slug, no riffling. Bye bye, bikinis." she added dramatically.

Rogers looked at her seriously "Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." he replied sarcastically.

"The point is, going after him is a dead end. I know, I've been working with him for the past four years out in the field. He's working precisely, no witnesses. Like you said, he's a ghost story." I made my point clear. I stepped closer to the two teammates and held the drive I stole five minutes ago from Natasha up.