3

It was the day names would be drawn from the Goblet of Fire. The minister claimed it could only allow a certain age group to enter but we will see how well it worked. We all knew Harry Potter, and Harry Potter had a thing for attention. He loved the attention he got from everyone, and was always trying to gain more. If there was anything I knew for sure it was that Harry Potter would have found a way to enter the tournament, and he would surely die while trying to compete. But that wouldn't be the worst thing to happen would it, at least not to me. I have had enough of Hermione's know it all attitude in class and quite frankly I wish I was brazen enough to just hit her in the face, but I don't start fights, I just finish them. This morning was a dreary morning for me, while it may have been slightly warmer outside my mood was dreary, I was tired. More so then my friends, who were absentmindedly chatting amongst themselves on who they thought would be chosen from all three schools. Draco sat to my right and on my left sat Daphne, who was arguing with Blaise over who was better Cedric Diggory or Roger Davies. Draco put his hand on my arm, in his form of asking if I was okay. I just nodded slowly at him before resting my head down in my arms.
"I didn't sleep much last night Drac, I keep having these nightmares. They just feel so real, it's the school but it is completely destroyed. I don't know maybe it is just a nightmare." I spoke softly turning my head sideway on my arm to glance at him. His stormy grey eyes softened at the sight of my red, and tired face.
"Ev, I am sure it was nothing." He tried reassuring me, and at that exact moment Aleksandur decided to enter the great hall and make his way to the empty seat directly in front of me. I could hear Draco grumble something incoherrent. I placed a hand on his, and hushed him, trying to calm his protective beast that I didn't need to show his face.
"Good morning, it's a very lovely morning today, don't you think?" Aleksandur asked as he sat down and began filling his plate up with bacon, baked beans, and eggs. He poured himself a cup of coffee and took a sip. Before he smiled again.
"Perfect." He gleaned at me happily, but his smile told me another story. He was into me, I could feel his stares on me when he doesn't think I am watching. But, the thing is, I don't want a relationship. Not here, I was only slightly interested in one... stop it Eva. I scolded myself. I told myself we wouldn't think about those feelings for a paticular blonde boy, who happens to be my best friend. As Aleksandur began to eat Dumbledore announced the calling of the names. He stood by the Goblet of Fire that Filch dragged out. It was gigantic in size, and then it began the first name shot out from the fire. Blaise who was absolutely mezmorized by the flames, seemed to forget what we were here for.
"The first champion chosen is.... Victor Krum. If you could please come stand up here." Dumbledore announced, everyone clapped but if we were all being completely honest everyone knew he would be chosen. He is a seeker already for a professional quidditch team, he is powerful. Out shot another name the second name today, only one more.
"The second champion to be chosen is Fleur Delacour! Please take your place besides Mr. Krum" once she was standing besides Victor the last name shot out.
"The third and final champion is... Cedric Diggory! Take your place besides the other two champions." Dumbledore spoke, Diggory began his walk to the front with his friends and housemates cheering loudly and clapping him on the back.
"Now it is an honor to be a champion, but in the end only one will win and take home the Triwizard Cup." He turned and dramatically pointed to a gigantic crystal cup. I saw Professor Snape take the steps down to where Dumbledore stood his eyes trained on one thing the Goblet of Fire, it began flaming up again and it turned a shade of blue. Dumbledore watched it carefully as it shot out another name. He gracifully caught the paper, and i could see him whisper a name.
"HARRY POTTER!" He shouted over the entire crowd. My mouth fell open and I looked at Draco. Who was absolutely livid to say the least but so was every other person in our year that wanted a shot at competing. Harry stumbled up to the front and Dumbledore handed him the paper, Harry then retreated back to the room the other champions were sent to. I was pissed, I knew he would somehow find a way to enter. He is stupid and careless. So tell me why should I, a slytherin who he shows nothing but disgust towards just because of my house, why should I give a damn if he dies or not. In fact, my life would be more peaceful if he dies in the tournament. I rested my head again and groaned.
"Always fucking Potter." Draco snapped testily.
"Isn't that the boy who survived..." Aleksandur started.
"Yes, yes we all know the boy who lived. God how much attention does one person fucking need around here." Blaise spat out disgust lingering on his every word.
"Apparently a lot, Potter for once just couldn't hold back. But look at Weasley, he is severely pissed off. Bet you Potter didn't tell him he was entering and he sure as hell didn't reveal his secret on how he did it." I snapped and pointed to the red head who stood to the side leaning against a railing above the crowd. Daphne snorted shooting tea through her nose. It hit blaise directly in the face, as she continued to laugh.
"Ew bloody hell Daph, disgusting." Blaise groaned while attempting to wipe his face down. We all knew this tournament wouldn't end well. With what happened this summer at the  Quidditch World Cup, we all knew the dark lord would be returning we just didn't know when or how. That's where our aggravations with our parents came in. They all knew when and how but they wouldn't even tell us, warn us at least so we could protect ourselves. Not just from the backlash from when it happened but also from the students here, once he has returned we will become every house's punching bags. There isn't a single student who thinks everyone in the slytherin house isn't evil. We aren't evil we just think smarter and don't just act, like the bloody Gryffindors, we plan before we attack. We know how to manipulate any one person to get what we desired. We weren't evil we are just kids, kids with no other choice except to accept the beliefs of every other house. That somehow and somewhere deep inside me, inside us all in slytherin was something evil brewing. Something evil just waiting for the right moment to make itself known. I wish I could believe that I wasn't bad, that my friends weren't bad. But each one of us knew who our parents bowed down to. Whose bidding our parents did. And eventually, we would be in their place. It was just a matter of when we would fall in line and be next to bow down to him. Being a girl came in handy for me and Daphne. Coming from the families we come from, our parents know that we will not be forced to take on the horrible mark he etched onto your left forearm. We were too prominent, but instead we would be forced to stand by the ones we love as they do his bidding. For me, while he was just my best friend it would be Draco. I was made aware of it after the world cup, our whole lives our parents have hoped we would become one together, with the bond we created they believed it would happen. But it hasn't yet if ever, so I was made aware that no matter what I will stand beside the one person I hold a heart full of love for. That person was Draco Malfoy. I was scared we all were. When Theo mentioned a bad feeling about this year. We all were just afraid to state the obvious, that we all felt it too. It was worse than our second year when muggleborns were being petrified. Draco, he had a great laugh that entire year. I couldn't laugh, because what if the roles were reversed, what if that was us being petrified. Yet, when I tried explaining that to Draco, he laughed and said it wasn't possible because we were the lucky ones, the ones with the purest of blood. Nobody could deny that we will always stand above and before half-bloods and muggleborns. Well, that isn't what he called them. I felt the tears begin to form, because i had no doubt that by the end of our school year, all our lives would change. I grabbed ahold of Draco's hand and squeezed my signal that I needed out, that I needed air.
"Shit." He muttered and stood up abruptly from the table gently pulling me along with him. Aleksandur gave us a questioning look before Blaise cut his look off.
"It's how they are mate. When we first encountered it we were beyond shocked they were just friends. But, they are, they have known each other since birth and this has been how they are with each other since they both could walk, and talk. It's weird to see, I know mate. Trust me." Blaise said, letting out a chuckle.
"Bloody hell Zabini shut your fucking mouth for once." Draco snapped testily. He pulled me behind him as we began our journey up to his room. Where I could peacefully break down to the one person I needed the most. It was a long walk, it always is back to the dungeons. It was cold, damp, and dark down here. Just about how everyone sees us in slytherin, about how everyone feels about us. I began to sniffle as the tears were finally falling. I hated the unknown, not having something in my control was the most terrifying thing to me. But the scariest thing to me right now, was what would happen once the dark lord returned. How long will my friends have before they die, if not by the dark lords hands, but by the ministry. I can't lose them. I refuse to lose them. I will completely lose my mind if I lose Draco, I just know I will. He was my entire world, without him I would be half empty. And, if that happened I would never be whole again. We finally reached the dungeons, entering through the portrait, older slytherins sat laughing on the chairs. Their heads snapped up towards us, and I snapped my head down. Mother taught me to never cry in public. It was embarrassing she had recited to me, and we are far from embarrassing, we are The Sinclairs. We bow down to no one she had told me. Well, no one except one person. Reaching his room he held open his door, I entered and made my way to his bed. Shutting the door he pointed his wand at the door knob.
"Colloportus." He muttered, right before he muttered a second charm.
"Muffilato." He spoke, silencing the room so no one would hear us, more specifically hear my sobs. He sat beside me on the bed and pulled me into his lap. Running his fingers through my black hair, he sighed.
"Tell me Ev, what going on inside that pretty little head of yours." He spoke gently to me as he continued to run his fingers through my hair.
"I am so scared Draco, we knew the moment his mark appeared in the sky this summer that he is coming back. What happens when he does come back? What does that mean for us?" I began to sob as quietly as possible.
"It's okay, let it out. And, we will do what we have to. What we were taught. We were taught to survive. That is what we will do. Do you hear me Eva. We will survive. I can't lose you from my life." He said, I could hear the tremble in his voice.
"That's what scares me the most, what if you don't survive? How will I ever move on? I won't Draco, that is the thing. If you die, then so do I. And I mean that whole heartedly. I refuse to live in a world that you don't exist in." I said completly sobbing. He sat me upright and held my face in his hands.
"You listen to me Eva, right here, right now. If I die, you are not to die. You will find your own path again. You will learn to move on from whatever happens to me. Because whatever happens, I will always be with you, but if you die after I die. I promise you I will haunt you in the afterlife. That is not what I want for you. Death is out of the question for you. Do you hear me." He said tears falling down his face. I was the only one to ever see this side of Draco, our friends never saw this side of him. No one but me has.
"I will Draco, I can't say I won't because even if I don't die by my own hand I will die from a broken heart." I cried throwing myself into his arms. My arms hugged his neck, and he wrapped his around my middle, holding me tightly.
"You know I love you right Eva. Your the best part of me, we will always be together even through death." He said, wetting my shoulder with his tears while I wet his shoulder with mine. And so we sat there. Crying in each others arms, afraid of what was next.