Youre not mine

Y/n POV

I hadn't eaten all day and I was starving, my stomach would not stop grumbling and it was getting sorta embarrassing.
I was looking through some new pairs of socks and couldn't decide on which ones to get.
The taco ones or the pizza ones, I had a strange obsession with socks, it was very unhealthy.
-
I hadn't realised how long I had spent looking through the store that I hadn't noticed the darkness outside. I was looking for a suit to wear to Steve's birthday party this Saturday and least to say I was definitely struggling.

My mind was never stuck on one thing for more then a few moments I felt like it was always working, always turning and always in a different place. I was having trouble concentrating and looking through all the different choices was making my head hurt.
The past few days I hadn't been able to focus entirely on one thing. I wasn't sure what it was, ever since I met Natasha I guess... things sorta just changed with it.
-
I spent another good twenty minutes until I finally decided on a simple checkered suit vest and matching pants.
It was formal and felt comfortable for me.
-
I walked through the store toward the exit, reaching my bike placing the bag in the seat holder and hopping on to drive back home.
The drive was short and quiet, still starving I decided to stop by the diner to pick up some food.
I parked my bike in the closest park and made my way inside.
I was greeted with the smell of freshly brewed coffee and strong scents of bacon.
I made my way up to counter almost tripping on the table leg along the way. I heard someone giggle and looked up meeting the eyes of Lena.
-
"Watch where you're walking silly" she laughed as she stared through me.

"I was, you should watch where you're putting your tables" I smirked and she looked at me with a shocked expression on her face.

"I've been waiting for you to text me" she said with a frown.

"I know I've been meaning to, I've just been busy" I haven't but I didn't wanna tell her that.

"It's okay, hopefully you can make that up to me somehow"

"What for not texting you?" I gave her an are you serious face.

"Yes! I was waiting for you" she grinned.

"If you were waiting why didn't you text me? Wouldn't that be smart?" I smirked again and she reached over the counter to swat my arm.

I smiled and decided to just give her that chance, "hey you wanna come to my bestfriends party with me on Saturday?" I paused "it could be my way of saying sorry for not texting I guess..."

"Sure, I would love to" she gave me a small smile.

"Don't worry I'll pick you up, round 7 ish just text me your address and I'll be there"

"Okay, it's a date"

"Yeah I guess it is" I didn't want to say it was because in all honesty I didn't want it to be. I couldn't get attached to anyone, not now, not ever.
-
I ordered some food and as Lena handed it to me she made sure to brush our hands together giving me a wink and blowing me a kiss goodbye.
I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"I'll see you on Saturday y/n"

"Yeah see you"
-
I made my way through and out of the diner placing my food in the holder and rushing home.

By the time I reached home I moved as fast as I could and made sure that once I got inside the first thing I would do is devour this food.