Call

"What the hell happened?!"

Yeah, Edric had pretty much figured that would be Emira's reaction.

I was close to morning when he returned, meaning he had been out almost all night. That was a lot longer than he thought I'd been. Maybe it was just the blood loss finally catching up to him.

Suffice to say that Emira wasn't all too happy when he arrived on their doorstep with his suit beyond dirty and with a bleeding leg, wrapped up in a piece of fabric.

Before Edric could crank out a proper answer, Emira had Started dragging him inside by his hand. Edric had to jump on one foot to be able to keep up with her without further injuring himself.

He was promptly shoved on the couch, as Emira made her way to the bathroom to grab a first aid kit.

Sitting there all alone, he glanced down at his injured leg, a piece of The Golden Guard's cape still wrapped around it.

No. A piece of Hunter's cape.

The other boy had left in quite a hurry. Edric was lucky to have caught just a name.

And on that note, how would he tell his sister that he had a nice 'not a date,' with the right hand man of emperor Belos himself without Emira thinking he was playing a prank on her.

He recalled when they were 9, and Edric had done his hardest to try to convince Emira that he was actually dating a fictional character that they both liked. Of course, she'd never bought his bluff, but he'd kept it up for a week straight.

But this time it was real. He really had met the Golden Guard.

And he'd technically asked him out.

Edric hadn't caught Hunter's number, so the choice whether to actually go on that date was all on him. To say it was nerve wracking would be an understatement.

But he had full faith that Hunter would call him back! The question was when. Edric was half-tempted to run upstairs to get his crystal ball, but the pain in his leg stopped him. And besides, Hunter was probably not even home yet.

"What... happened to you?"

Spinning his head around, Edric caught a glimpse of a sleepy-eyed Amity, standing by the doorway of the living room, eyeing him with a mix of concern and curiosity.

"Oh, the usual." he said, forming a mischievous smirk. Amity's face contorted in worry and she opened her mouth to speak, but before she could get a word out, Emira jogged back into the room, carrying a first aid kit, grabbing onto Amity's arm to motion her to follow.

"Okay, you're telling me everything." Emira said with a glare as she motioned to undo Hunters makeshift bandaging job,

"What? Just me? What happened to the law of equivalent exchange?" He asked, noticing how the pain in his leg immediately flared up as Emira removed the cape, and in turn, the healing coven sticker.

Emira's eyes widened as she noticed the scope of the injury, the three slash marks still being fresh, "Oh, titan..." she mused as her hands dug through the kit,

"Actually Edric," she spoke, directing all her attention to his wound, the boy wincing slightly as he saw her thread a needle, "I think that rule doesn't really apply when you come home critically injured!"

"I wouldn't say, critically ..." Edric shrugged, but even he could admit that the situation looked less than ideal.

Emira sighed, "This will hurt. Amity, can you fetch a washcloth for me."