Key

Amity wasn't quite sure what to think of the day.

Any moment spent with Luz was a good one, that was for sure, so It's not like it had been bad. And even though the trip to Eclipse Lake hadn't gone anywhere close to planned, they had ended up with the titan blood that they'd needed.

No, Amity's biggest cause of concern was The Golden Guard.

Well, maybe not the guard himself, but his words. She'd told Luz about how he'd threatened her to get what he needed, so at least she'd be on guard if she were to ever encounter him again.

That was the easy part. The harder one was Edric.

His relationship with the guard was no secret between the Blight siblings. Edric's favorite part of the day was going to his room to talk to him for a few minutes.

What was a secret, however, were Amity's feelings on it. She was worried about her brother to begin with. If they'd started dating in the past, she might not have cared. Heck, she probably would have congratulated him on getting closer to the emperors coven.

But now, after the coven had become one of the biggest thorns in her friends life's. In her girlfriend's life. Suffice to say, she wasn't all that pleased with the pairing anymore.

And now that she'd actually met the guard, her feelings had complicated by a margin.

She wanted Edric to be happy. And from the looks of it, he was. But if things continued the way they seemed to be going now, Edric might fall into the unfortunate position of having to choose between him and his family.

It's not like Amity thought that Edric would betray them. This was Edric, after all. He was her brother. But a little voice in the back of her head asked her just how far she herself would be willing to go for Luz.

And it wasn't just that. She was also trying to get a grasp on The Golden Guard's breakdown, back in Eclipse Lake.

It hadn't been a pretty sight, and Amity had felt quite disturbed while watching it, a sentiment that King vocalized for both of them.

She'd offered him a hand. She'd really thought that he would take it.

But he had seen the key. And there was no turning back at that point.

Amity knew that her position had been lucky. The boy had just come back from a breakdown and didn't seem to be fully there in the head while they fought. But he'd won in the end.

If Amity hadn't accidentally broken the key, they're mission would have been worse than a failure.

Amity felt like she was finally processing everything that had happened, as she sat in her windowsill, back at Blight manner.

The only thing she could really register was the fact that she needed to tell Edric. Preferably before he spoke to The Guard again.

It was the middle of the night when she decided to approach him. She may be dead tired, but she wanted to make sure to be the first one to talk to him. If the other boy got to her brother first, there was a good chance that he'd believe his story over hers.

Slowly pushing the door to the twins room open, she saw the two of them sleeping peacefully in their beds. Emira's face was buried in her pillow, while Edric laid on his back, his blanked only covering half his body, and his arm hanging limply outside of his bed.

Sneaking to his bed, quietly, in an attempt to not wake Emira, Amity lightly pushed Edric. The boy mumbled something incoherent, prompting Amity to give him another light push.

The boy cracked one eye open and looked at Amity, gaze unfocused.

"We need to talk." she said,.