Date

Hunter may have been going a little insane.

He wasn't quite sure whether it was from stress or frustration however. Possibly a mix of both.

Whatever the case, he had been working himself to the brink of exhaustion every day, trying to keep the coven in line. As the new head, after Lilith's betrayal, his tasks had tripled and the number of missions quadrupled, and he found his free time being close to nonexistent.

Hunter wasn't complaining, of course. Leading the coven one day had been his goal, after all. And he was okay with losing his personal hygiene and letting his health decline, as long as he pleased the emperor.

That was all well and good. What was really irking Hunter was the Blight boy.

Edric. Who had unexpectedly inserted himself into Hunter's life and seemed to have no plans on leaving. Whether that was metaphorically or literally.

Now that Edric had Hunter's number, the calls were constant. Hunter had managed to schedule his days around, so he'd have around fifteen minutes to talk to the boy. He would of course vocally complain about how Edric was distracting him from his duties, which was partially true, but Edric caught on fairly quickly that Hunter enjoyed talking to him, as he had no obligation to answer him, and yet, he did anyway.

Heck, Hunter was sometimes the one who initiated the calls.

But the main problem was the date.

The date Edric had asked him out on, over a month ago.

The date Hunter desperately needed to go on in order to cleanse his mind.

His promotion couldn't have happened at a worse time than it did.

He was sure that Edric was getting frustrated too. It had become almost a tradition that the first words they exchanged during the calls would be the green haired boy asking him whether he had time or not, and Hunter responding with an exasperated no.

And then, Edric's frustration seemed to boil over.

"Is there really nothing you can do?! "

Hunter rubbed his temples in frustration, "I've consulted with the guards quite a bit and the best they could offer for me was a cover for the times I'm talking to you now."

"Really! But our time together is already so short!" He complained, and though Hunter agreed with him, there wasn't like he could do anything about it,

"I know," he simply said.

"Okay, you know what," Edric said, with a surprising amount of conviction in his voice, "We're planning a timing to this date, right here, right now."

"...I literally don't have time. We've been over this."

"Then I'll make you some time!"

For how endearing Edric could be, at times Hunter felt like he was talking to a brick wall. When his mind was made up, Hunter could say nothing to change it.

He sighed, "And how, do tell, are you going to 'Make me some time.'"

A grin spread across the Blight's face, as he leaned in closer to the crystal ball, "Ever heard of this lovely thing called bribing."

"Yes Edric, I know what bribing is, I'm not five."

"Well," Edric crossed his arms, "From the sounds of it, the guards are just doing this as a favor for you, and that's why you can only talk for so long. But what if you paid them! I would personally never turn down money if all I had to do was stand around and look intimidating."