13 - Night out with Clinton

Here comes another trilling chapter for you. Enjoy.

************************************
Damilola's POV
I was dumbstruck at what happened; and also saw the look on Daniel's face. It was quite embarrassing.
"Okay, I'll be leaving now, sleep tight"Daniel said as he snapped out of his fantasy then he left and I quickly shut the door.crazy!.

I got into my night gown and was ready for bed when a call came in. An unknown number?; Weird.
I picked it up and then realized who it was.
"Hello pretty"Clinton said over the phone,
"Hi"
"I'm sure you're home by now about to take a nap"
"Yeah, that was a good guess"
"I'm sorry to disturb you at this moment but I couldn't resist the urge to call you since I finally got your number after a long time"
"Mmmmm"
"Don't mmm me, you know we've got matters to settle"
"Matters?, Really?"
"Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about"
"Please don't bring this up again, okay, you want us to meet?"
"That's right"
"Will tomorrow be okay for you?"
"Sure, 7pm tomorrow, same restaurant"
"Uhhhh, Okay, see you tomorrow then"
"Looking forward to it, good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite"
"Wait what?, I don't have bed bugs"I answered Clinton with seriousness in my voice.
"Come on, it's a usual saying"Clinton chuckled,
"Whatever, good night".
And that was it; our conversation was over. I knew we had a lot to settle but I didn't want it not right now when things were kind of blooming between Daniel and I.

Daniel's POV
After yesterday's event, I noticed that there was a change in something. The usual atmosphere between Damilola and I.
Most especially last night occurrence. I could see Damilola was really embarrassed about it. There was nothing to be embarrassed about but I understood why she was.
She really was very beautiful and sexy. Her in the towel with water dripping from her head down her perfect beautiful seductive body.
I was falling for her little by little and couldn't deny it. I guess things are really working out well.

At breakfast, Damilola had told me that she had an outing with her friend by seven and she just wanted to inform me so I wouldn't be worried if I didn't find her home when I arrive.
I actually had something planned for tonight but it was okay it could be shifted to another day. I left for work right after.

Damilola's POV
I had gone to see Dara at her house. she was at home today; she took a break from work.
Dara was aware of the fact that Daniel wanted to give our relationship a chance and she was very happy about it.
When I told her of my accidental meeting of Clinton, she certainly knew what this meant.
"He's back?, At this time?, And you're going to meet with him today?"She exclaimed,
"Yes of course, I have things to clear up with him"I replied her,
"Be careful though, you know how Clinton is"She warned,
"I aware of that, you don't have to worry"I answered,
"Did Nifemi inform you about the Kola stuff?"Dara asked,
"Nope, what happened?"
Our conversation continued on for a long time before I was ready to leave.

It was fifteen minutes to seven when I decided to get ready for my outing. I just got into a simple dress, fixed my hair and adjusted my make-up; and was ready to leave. I didn't want to take my car so I took an Uber instead to the restaurant.
When I got there, as I entered I sighted Clinton at that point. He was looking good as he always did; I really can't believe I said this.
"Hello, our beautiful Mrs Oluwadamilola Adeleke"Clinton said,
"Hi"I replied as I sat down.
"How are you doing?, I hope Daniel doesn't mind you're here"Clinton asked,
"Okay, I know what you're up to, please don't, when did you get back?"I answered,
"You know, I'm not up to anything, I'm just being truthful here"Clinton said,
"Well I got to Nigeria two days ago, I actually wanted to give you a surprise but instead I was the one who got suprised, figuring out that my Damilola had gotten married in my absence"he added.
I know I had totally wronged Clinton; but it wasn't my fault; I didn't want any of what happened.

"I don't know where to start, I know I'm a bad person and I should have informed you about it, it all came in a rush, I didn't know who I was even getting married to. I'm sorry, I couldn't bring myself to tell you"I said already getting emotional about it.
Clinton was just there staring at me before he answered,
"Damilola, this was a decision of who you were going to spend the rest of your life with, and you went on ahead to listen to your parents and got married o someone who you didn't even know?"
"Come on, do you know what I'm going through right now?, After everything you left me for another guy, and now you're trying to say you didn't have a choice?, Really?"Clinton added; he sounded very hurt.
I seriously hated myself right there; what exactly have I done?.
"Let's go somewhere else, please" I said. I was feeling quite uncomfortable talking about it where we were.
"If you say so, come on"Clinton answered me as he stood up.
He had already paid for the food we ordered earlier and which was barely even touched.

We left the restaurant; heading towards a house; was Clinton taking me to his house???.
He parked his car which we were in outside his compound.
"I'm sure you'll be much more comfortable here, I should have invited you here in the first place"Clinton said as soon as we were inside the compound and heading inside the house.
"Welcome to my humble abode"He exclaimed as we stepped into the house.
His house was very beautiful; I always knew that Clinton had the best taste in houses and interior decorations.
It seemed to big for just one person to live in; well that was Clinton for you.

"Love it uhhh?"Clinton said bringing me out of my thoughts.
"I actually bought it when I was about to return, it was a gift to someone very special to me"He added. We both stared at each other for that moment.
I knew who he was talking about.
He actually bought a house for me???.
I was speechless at that time.
He sat down and so did I.
"I feel so bad right now after everything"I started,
"I didn't know what to do, I told my parents about you but they've already finalized my marriage with Daniel, this marriage was actually a promise between his parents and mine, there was nothing I could do"I continued,
"I only met Daniel once before our engagement, he too didn't want the marriage but I wondered why he didn't do anything to stop it, I'm sorry Clinton, I couldn't bring myself to phone you, I was......... just ........ I don't even know"I added already all emotional about it.
Clinton moved closer to me and then lifted up my head to face him. I was facing his face directly. I didn't even know what happened next.
I could just feel something soft on my lips. Clinton had actually kissed me. He devoured my whole lips. He took it slow and passionate.
I felt so numb right there; not able to do anything.
His hands travelled to my waist pulling me closer to him.
What was I doing?; This was totally wrong.

"We can't do this"I said as I broke free from his kiss.
"Yeah, I'm so sorry that happened, it's been long I tasted that lips, things always seem to get tensed between us"Clinton replied,
"I have to go"I muttered,
"Really?, Okay but first don't you want to see around my house, it actually nice having you here, it's really lonely around here, the only company I got is the gate man"Clinton answered.
"There's still time, come on, let's get our mind off all this issue, your coming here must count"He added.
I kind of agreed and that was it. I actually wanted to see the house that would have been mine.

************************************
*What do you guys think about Clinton now he had met with Damilola?.
*Do you think Daniel is falling in love?.
*Clinton kissed Damilola; mmmm wasn't appropriate though?.

Don't forget to vote and leave comments and also please share this book.
Note: not edited.

Would be updated soon. See ya 🤗.