34 - Happiness

I know a lot of things have changed but I assure you that there's a twist to all of these. Anyways enjoy this chapter.

Damilola's POV
We got ready the next day to visit my parents. I was nervous actually because I haven't spoken to them for a long time. I had a lot of explanation to do as things had changed.
On the other hand, Ayomide was excited to meet his grandparents. Clinton tried not to feel anxious but I know he did.

I took a deep breath as the front door to their mansion opened for us. The first person I saw was my mum who pulled me into a deep embrace.
"Oluwadamilola!!!"She exclaimed,
"Mummy I'm so sorry"I began.
"Grandma!"Ayomide shouted as he hugged her as soon as she freed me from the embrace.

She looked shocked to hear that as she just hugged him back then led us into the house. When we all sat down including my dad who really seemed mad at me and curious to know what was going on.

"Mum, Dad, this is Ayomide, your grandson"I began as I held his hand.
"Clinton is his father"I added.
They{my parents} both looked surprised and confused at the same time.
My mum sat Ayomide on her laps first and said somethings to him before focusing back her attention on me.

I went further to explain what they needed to know about Clinton and Ayomide. They didn't seem to accept whatever I said but they just held it to themselves. I knew they would want to have a private conversation with me later.
Anyways, they went on to welcome us. They've certainly missed their only child after she left them for five years.

They were excited to see Ayomide though. He was a sweet boy. They didn't say anything about Clinton and I. I was certain they reserved that discussion for later.
Just as I had presumed, they called to talk to me alone in the their room later on.

"Damilola, did you know how worried we were about you?"My mum asked,

"You couldn't even tell us about Daniel?, What made you think you could just end the marriage like that?, Have you forgotten why we got you married to that family?"She added,

"Mum, Daniel is my past and I don't want to have anything to do with him anymore, so you guys take your contract over my happiness?"I muttered out,

"Are you listening to your child Morenike?"My dad said to my mum already getting angry.

I couldn't believe my parents. They valued the stupid contract they made with Daniel's dad to my own happiness. I was already getting annoyed too.

"You see, this is what you want, right?, Your father talking to me anyhow, see how you want to ruin your father Damilola, you got pregnant for another man you claimed to have gotten married to, this means you were cheating on your husband even before you claimed he cheated on you then signed a stupid divorce papers which doesn't count"My mum shouted.

"I won't let you bring disgrace to this family, No matter what Daniel did you could have sorted it out, now you're here you're going to fix things"she continued.

"You know what, it was my mistake for coming here, I'm leaving since that's what you want, you can't bargain my happiness for some stupid contract you made, I'm a grown up woman now"I answered her before I stood up and walked out of the room. My mum kept calling my name but I wasn't ready to hear anything else she had to say.

I went back to my room and sat on the bed then sighed. Clinton entered the room some minutes later.
"My love are you okay?"He asked me as soon as he sat down beside me.

"I'm not, my parents only care about their stupid contract rather than my happiness, I knew this was a bad idea, we're leaving and that's final"I answered him.

"You need to calm down, okay?"

"Calm down?, For what?, They want me to get back to Daniel Clinton, they don't accept our marriage, don't you understand?"I screamed at him.

He paused a bit then sighed. He looked at me for some seconds before he just stood up and left the room. I felt confused; he didn't even say anything to me.
No one cared about my happiness not even my parents. I was fed up with everything. I didn't know what to do anymore. I just had to leave.

************************************
Daniel's POV
Things had been so messed up since Damilola left. I missed her every single day. I couldn't reach her by any means. Her parents had even come to see me when they returned back from her dad's surgery which she couldn't even tell me about. She made it seem like I didn't care at all.

They wanted to know what had happened to us. I explained to them what had transpired between us. It was high time I began to speak the truth.They didn't seem to mind whatever happened though they were just angry at their daughter.

And that was strange.

My parents were mad at me too especially my mum. I explained everything to them  and they also didn't seem to care. The whole issue was just that we had to get back together.

I did my investigation on who else was behind the whole scheme to break up my marriage with Damilola because I felt it wasn't Beatrice alone; I was certain.
That bitch refused to tell me who the hell it was. She had claimed no one else was involved.

She had gone to meet my parents {my mum to be precise} concerning her pregnancy. My mum was the one that made me to finally take responsibility for the baby. She made sure I cared for her till child birth.
Angel looked like a little innocent angel at birth and I don't know why but I just loved her. She also reminded me of my Damilola and I wondered why.

Angel had been the only one who made me smile ever since Damilola left. She was the only reason I still spoke to that her mother who had been a pain in my neck.

She had recently just moved in with me and it was torture to me. I felt irritated any time I was with her. She had made efforts to make me have sex with her again but that would never happen. I'll rather stay single for the rest of my life. I've done enough damage to myself.

************************************
"Daddy! Daddy!!Daddy!!!, I want to get a new dress for my friend's birthday, I want you to take me out"Angel said as she was running towards me.

"Birthday?, Who's having a birthday party Angel?"I answered her as I carried her up.

"It's Brianna daddy, her daddy and mummy are organizing a big birthday party for her, just like my last birthday party"Angel replied me.

"Okay baby, I'll take you tomorrow to buy whatever you want"I said to her.
Anything for my joy and that's why I gave her Ayomide as her native name. She just made me happy.

************************************
Damilola's POV
Clinton retuned back later when I began to have my breakdowns again for the first time in five years. He apologized for leaving and promised me everything was going to be okay. He told me that if I wanted to leave, it is my choice to make.

I just stayed cuddled up in his arms for a while before my baby finally returned back to me all excited about meeting his grandparents and how huge their house was. He said he wanted to stay but I wanted to leave.

But there was nothing I couldn't do for my baby. I wanted him to be happy as his happiness was my happiness. I just smiled at him and kissed his forehead. Clinton pulled us all into a big embrace.

Nothing could ruin my happiness for me; not at this point.

************************************
*Seems like both Damilola and Daniel had both found another means of happiness and comfort for each other;mmm....

*Hope you enjoyed the chapter though.

*Please don't forget to vote this chapter and tell me what you think is going to happen next.

*Next update soon. No more late updates.