Epilogue

A/N: I'm so sad that this story is finally over, but I think it was time. I hope you all enjoyed reading this, let me know in the comments.

JEREMY

"Kyle Carter Thompson, get back here." I yelled as I chased the naked four year old around the bedroom. It was the same every evening after his bath and I couldn't wait until he outgrew this phase.

"Daddy, save me." He screamed in between fits of giggles and I heard the answering footsteps outside in the hall.

I faked a right and turned left, catching the squirming little monster. "I've got you now." I laughed and started tickling his sides.

"Baby, why are you tickling our naked son?" I looked back over my shoulder and saw a grinning Frankie standing in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"Daddy, help! Dad is trying to put clothes on me." Kyle cries out, trying to wriggle his way out of my arms.

Frankie chuckles and comes further into the bedroom, taking Kyle from me and sitting him on the edge of his little bed. "You know, KC, you're getting a big boy now and big boys get dressed after they have a bath. Your Dad is just trying to help you, but if you do it yourself then he wouldn't be chasing you." I hid my smile behind my hand. There was no reasoning with a four year old and I'd tried to explain that to Frankie before. One guess who KC takes after when it comes to listening to someone.

As expected he cocked his head to the side and looked at his father as if he had said the dumbest thing ever. "But, Daddy." He whined. "I like when Dad chases me, it's fun."

Frankie looked up at me with a perplexed expression on his face and I gave him back a look that said I told you so! "How about we get you into those PJ's and then you can have a story from your Daddy?" I intervened, smiling at them both.

"Yay!" Kyle screamed and bounced on the bed before running to collect his favourite Spider-Man PJ's.

Once he was finally dressed for bed and tucked up tight I took his favourite book from the shelf and walked over to where Frankie was seated beside the bed and gave it to him. "I'll go have a shower while you get him to sleep, love." I gave him a soft kiss and left the room making sure the door was left open a small bit.

Back in our bedroom I took off my watch and placed it on the dresser beside the framed picture of Frankie and I holding a newly born Kyle who was wrapped in a blue blanket with a tiny blue cap on his little head.

That day had been one of the best days of my life. We'd been asleep, it was four eighteen in the morning after all when we got the call.

"Frankie?" I mumbled as the ringing continued endlessly. At least, it felt endless to my still half asleep mind. "Frankie?" I poked him in the side.

"Mmm?" I heard from beside me.

"The phone? It's on your side of the bed." I flopped over onto my back and stretched out my arm, accidentally hitting Frankie in the nose. Oh well, that woke him up.

"Mother fu-" The rest of the words were muffled as he cupped his nose and sat upright.

"I'm sorry, baby." I kissed his shoulder before stretching to his night stand and picking up the phone. "Hello?" I answered while trying to inspect Frankie's injured nose.

"Jeremy?" I barely recognised the panting voice on the other end of the phone.

"Deb?" My voice came out unusually high with panic as the first thing that came into my mind was that something was wrong with the baby. "What's wrong? Is it the baby?" Frankie's head was turned in my direction I noticed how pale he'd suddenly become.