3

happy women's day 2022!

it was the night of the meeting. quackity had the grandiose dining hall cleared of tables so there was room in the middle to mingle.

food was placed on some of the tables lining the walls and i was able to watch people filter into the room in their fancy clothes. waiters made rounds like npcs, dropping off drinks to guests as they were ordered.

"this is prime seating. i'm sure some people down there would kill for this seat," i mused, looking over the quartz railing. dream scoffed, following my eyes.

"as if. people here want to be near the action or in a different room with the more important people," he said distastefully. i hummed an agreement and went back to scanning faces. the other feral boys were walking among the crowd, charming guests and flattering their plus ones.

"why aren't you down there, riling up the crowd?" i asked teasingly.

"i have a reputation, you know," he huffed in amusement.

"yeah, of being a total stick-up-the-ass," i joked, earning a punch on my shoulder.

———

"oh hello. who is that?" i said quietly, my eyes widening in pleasant surprise as i focused on a blonde woman with a blood red dress. it hung from her shoulders and clung to her figure in a way that looked quite comfortable. Moderately high stilettos were strapped on her feet and she was speaking with one of the boys, quackity to be certain.  and that wouldn't do.

dream frowned. "i'm not too sure but quackity seems to be figuring that out now."

"i think i'm going to go chat her up. maybe ask for a dance," i decided aloud, ignoring the tense state dream went into.

"are you sure? we don't know anything about her, it could be bad," he hissed, grabbing my arm. i twisted it away and smirked.

"just trust me on this one, cousin," i said, leaving promptly.

i walked down the stairs and between many people, sending a glare at whoever sent a bad look at my swiftness.

"hello, i don't mean to intrude but that dress is positively amazing on you," i said, my charm on as i set a hand on quackity's shoulder and faced the woman.

"oh, thank you very much! that's really nice of you, sweetheart." a cherry red smile met my eyes with the sweetness of saccharine.

"my name's magnolia but you can keep calling me sweetheart if you like," i flirted, putting the hand that wasn't intimidating quackity out for a shake. a hint of recognition flashed through her eyes and she shook my hand, her smile a bit more kind.

"well, i'm niki but you may call me whatever you like," she said confidently. my lips turned up at the corners.

"oh you're too much fun!" my eyes lit up in wicked happiness. "see, i was speaking with my friend up there and he was afraid i would be too forward and mention you're gorgeous to your face instead of whispering about it behind cupped hands," i said with a small laugh. quackity was standing almost stock still and i pat him on the shoulder to try and loosen him up.

"oh, i see. you're a flatterer," she said with a little smirk. "they always want something." i placed my hand over my chest in mock-shock.

"me? want something from a room-dazzling woman like you?" i said, watching her eyes as they reflected the faux-candle chandelier.
"the only thing i'm humble enough to ask for is a dance, my fair lady." i bowed while keeping my head up and offered her a hand.

i couldn't tell if she was blushing or not but it sure seemed like it.

"flatterer," she muttered, taking my hand despite herself.

"only for you," i said sweetly. quackity's jaw hung in shock as i swept away the woman.

"what brings you here?" she asked as we moved in a slow waltz.

"i'm looking for new associates, to put it nicely." i used my words carefully but almost lost my tongue, as what happens very often around pretty people.

"oh? what happened with your old ones?"

"a terrible accident that i'm very grateful for." her eyebrows furrowed and i lifted my arm to spin her, in synch with everyone else on the dance floor.
"i got to meet you because of it." i cheekily grinned as she raised a hand and softly smacked my chest.

"keep it up and you'll run out of compliments by the end of the night," she said, avoiding eye contact while chewing at her lip to keep from smiling.

"only if you leave early," i said smoothly. she sighed and shook her head, spinning me this time and lowering me into a dip.

"you swim in dangerous waters," she teased lowly.

"hmm, do you bite?" i hummed in an equally teasing tone.

"let's avoid having sex on the dance floor, ladies." i groaned dramatically at the voice and let my head drop back before letting niki help me stand.

"you always ruin my fun," i complained, punching my cousin's shoulder. niki was pink in the face but easily regained her composure and nodded her head in greeting.

"miss. a pleasure to meet you," dream said warmly, shaking her hand.

"likewise, sir. i feel like i've seen you around before, forgive me if i'm wrong."

"maybe, i help with the running of this establishment and a few others." a gross understatement.

"i must admit, you do a wonderful job if you helped make this gathering a reality. i've heard so many people talking about the thrill of high stakes in your casino," she said with a knowledgeable tone. it was oddly attractive.

"mr quackity actually knows more about the casino than me, i'm just good with the public," dream said quickly, directing the attention back to the man flipping a poker chip up in the air like it was a quarter. he noticed our eyes and came back over, a little nervous because he was stuck between me and dream.

"do you want to join me for dinner? i could honestly use the company of another girl and you seem pretty nice," i said genuinely. she blinked in surprise and i could almost see the gears in her head turning. i could only dream for a look inside her thoughts.

"i'd like that," she said softly, holding out a hand to me and smiling when i took it. she didn't know what she was getting herself into.

had this one saved and fixed it up while i waited for my sports meet to start :]