18

THANK YOU FOR OVER 200 READSS

"no one here to save you, yet?" damian mocked, straddling a chair that was set in front of magnolia as she tried to hide her shuddering. her muscles were involuntarily jumping and tensing due to an electric shock machine that was stuck to her arms.

"what, you sad that no one wants to be near you?" she shot, flinching when they lifted a hand near the remote for the machine.

"no. it's depressing to see you still have hope," they said, wrinkling their nose and forcing a cocky smile.

magnolia pressed her lips together. she didn't know how long it had been but it felt like ages. hopefully minx and puffy had kept niki in the dark about her disappearance, she didn't want her to get hurt. or worry. a worried niki sounded like a nightmare.

"why are you keeping me?" magnolia asked, finally being serious. damian was surprised and blinked in bewilderment before turning down the machine.

"i don't like you," they stated, a deep-set frown on their mouth but not their eyes. those looked complicated.

"that's all?" magnolia asked angrily. her chair scooted forward as fought against her bonds, fueled only by rage.
"you have tortured me for hours and not even let me sleep because you don't fucking like me??" she shouted.

damian reeled back, obviously not expecting a reaction to this extent.
"you don't understand, then, i can explain-"

"don't fucking even, halfwit! i employed you, you did shit and i overlooked it, you quit, then messed even more shit up! what is enough for you-" magnolia was cut off by them slapping her across the face. she heaved a breath in to continue but they pressed their hand over her mouth so hard her teeth cut into her cheeks.

"i've been trying to get over you for so long and you don't even have sympathy for me?" they hissed, eyes widening. magnolia coughed onto their hand, getting spit and a small bit of blood on their palm. damian withdrew quickly in disgust and wiped it off on her sleeve.

"get over me? you never loved me," she lashed. "you have mommy issues and i was the first woman to actually try and help you." a swift backhand caused her chair to teeter on one leg for a second, pulling the small wires taut.

"no. no, you knew what you were doing and were always playing hard to get because your other girlfriend died and it would've looked bad if you moved on that quick!" they demanded, pointing an accusing finger.

"as, fucking, if. i acted the same around you as i did with any of the other new people. you were around me all the time, you had to have seen it!" magnolia shouted back.

"NOT- not like you did with me. you were always teasing me and poking fun and giving me special little things to do," damian spat, refusing her words and the memories. "i was like a little dog that did your fucking errands and you would always always do little... i don't know, shit at me. you always made me try to like you more than the rest."

"you were new in the company, i was trying to make you feel welcome!" she screamed, leaning forward as much as she could. "and name a single thing i did that was flirting!"

"i never even said you flirted, you're admitting!"

"you implied it, dick-in-a-door!"

"well you never even spoke about our relationship after you left so i guess it doesn't matter to you!"

magnolia looked at them incredulously.
"what fucking relationship? you self appointed yourself as my personal assistant and spoke as the little devil on my shoulder for ages."