Chapter 4

Rose

After the encountered with Adrian,me and Dimitri decided to take a walk around Court since Hans hasn't decided what to do with him but he does with me.And unfortunately his 'guards' had to follow too.It's annoying.

"Can't believe i have to spend a week doing filing." I said exasperated.

"At least it's only a week.Would you rather do it for a month instead or forever?"

"God,no.."

"I thought by doing what you did,you'd get a filing job for the rest of your life.But I'm glad you didn't though."

I laced my hand with his.

"Yeah.Lissa helped of course.Without her,that'd probably happen to me by now.What do you think Hans will give you?"

"Really Rose? I'm pretty sure I'm already stripped off my guardian title.What would he do with an ex-Strigoi?"

"But he can't do that! It's not like you chose to be a Strigoi!"

"Of course he can Rose.He's the head guardian."

I kept silent and started to think maybe if Dimitri just go back to being an instructor would that be better? And maybe i could join him.Don't get me wrong,i want to be Lissa's guardian but after the stunt i pulled i don't think i have a chance.After that filing job,i don't know what Hans would give me.

The original plan was for me to be Lissa's guardian and Dimitri is Christian's.But the rescue mission at the cave ruined it.There are only 2 times that i remembered when i really felt like my heart shattered into pieces- when Isaiah snapped Mason's neck and Dimitri in the cave.I remembered those times like it had happened yesterday.I remember the guilty and lost that i felt for both of them.I remembered the long hours,waiting for any Dimitri news,hoping that he had gotten out alive and were searching for help.But of course that didn't happen.

"Rose Hathaway." Said a familiar voice over my shoulder.I turned around to see a grinning Ambrose.

"Ambrose?"

I met Ambrose not a long while ago.When me and Lissa were at Court for Victor Dashkov's trial.He's a bloodwhore.But he's really nice.

"It's been awhile.I heard so many things about you around here.And also you." He said,addressing to Dimitri.

He took his hand out to shook Dimitri's.

"Dimitri." He introduced himself.

"Ambrose."

I could see Ambrose observing Dimitri's features but then almost everyone does that to him.Ambrose is handsome,also hot but nothing can top Dimitri of course.

"Care to meet Rhonda again?"

"No." I said quickly."What she predicted or whatever last time actually happened and it brings no good out of it."

"She doesn't make the predictions.The predictions made it self.And not all are bad."

"Yeah well,I'm not taking any chances."

He laughed.

"Okay then.Now if you don't mind,i need to meet the queen." He nodded his head slightly then walked away.

"The queen?" Dimitri arched his eyebrow.

"Yep." I figured Dimitri didn't know that Ambrose is the queen's secret lover.The weather is suddenly windy,like really windy."Woah where did that come from.."

Dimitri didn't answered instead he said,"Come on,we should get back." Right after he said that,the speaker beep? Never heard that before.

"'Attention to everyone outside,you should all go back to your rooms.There's a storm coming."