Chapter 12

Rose

Watch your back,Rosemarie.

I frowned,it's from a blocked number.

"Something wrong?" Mark asked,noticing the frown that just appeared on my face.

"It's best if we head back now.Come on," I slipped my phone back into my pocket and took off running with Mark hot on my heels.

Seconds later,i was already in the living room and to my relieve,Lissa and Oksana were still in the same position we last left them.

"Rose,is everything okay?" Lissa asked as she stood up.Her face that was relaxed seconds ago turned into a worried one.

I debated whether or not to tell them about the text.For all i know,someone could just be playing a prank on me,but knowing my world that's unlikely what happened.Not wanting to worry Lissa,i shook my head.

"Yeah,no.I was just worried something might have happened to you guys." It's not a lie,but not the complete truth either.

"Well,we're fine obviously.What makes you think something might've happened to us?" Oksana asked,her fave contorted in concern.

"I guess i'm just paranoid.I think i'm gonna rest for a bit." I said nonchalantly as i shrugged.

They both nodded though i can see none of them believe me.Mark gently grip my shoulder before i walk away.

"You sure you're okay?" His voice sincere."Was it something that you received in your phone earlier?"

"N-no.That was just Dimitri saying that he'll be back from his friend's in an hour." I lied as smoothly as i can.Again,not a complete lie,Dimitri had said earlier saying he was going to visit his friend and will be back in an hour.

If there's something really going on,i don't want to bring them into it.I'll tell Dimitri once he gets home.

He reluctantly nodded and let me go.

"You go get some rest." I offered him a small smile and nodded.

×××××

I was actually tired and so i went for a short nap.What's meant to be a short nap turned into an hour and a half nap.I was shaken awake by Dimitri.

"Hey," He said with a small smile.I rubbed my eyes,sleepily."Lissa said you just needed some rest.You're okay?"

"Yeah,i was just tired." Then i remembered the text that i got from an anonymous person earlier."Actually,i was waiting for you to get back.I was walking around with Mark when i got this text." I gave my phone to him.

"Watch your back,Rosemarie." He read aloud."Was someone following you? Did you feel like you're being watched earlier with Mark?" He said with a worried tone that i know so well.

"No.I sprinted back here,afraid that something might've happened to Liss and Oksana.It could be a prank but no,i don't think so."

Dimitri glanced down on the phone and read the text again.I could practically hear the wheels running in his mind.

"Rosemarie." I still hate it when someone calls me that."The only people who probably have a grudge on you that calls you by that name are- "

"Victor and his brother,Robert." Damn those two.

"You think it might be them?" Dimitri arched his eyebrow.

"It's possible." Ugh can i just have a week off without something that could probably threaten my life and the people around me?

"Did you got anything else after the text?" I shook my head and sighed.

"Look,how 'bout this," I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms swiftly going around my waist."We only have a couple days left until we have to go back to Court.Let's not dwell on the text too much,it might be nothing or it might be something.I just want us to enjoy this time we have with your family.Can we just do that?" I plead with my eyes.

He rest his forehead against mine.

"I guess," He sighed deeply."Since we got no leads as to who this person is,might as well just do that.And Rose,you know they're your family too.Mama loves you like you're her own daughter." I chuckled softly.He kissed my forehead."We'll talk to Abe about this once we get back to Court.I trust he knows how to track this person but for now,we just need to be extra careful."

"Okay." I kissed him softly on the lips then tugged his arm."Let's find something to eat because i'm starving."