Not her.

"Y/N! Come here!"
I sigh as I hear the voice of my fiancé call me from upstairs.

Me and Draco have been dating for 2 years now. He asked me out 5 months after Astoria's death, and I couldn't deny because I have had the biggest crush on him since we were 14. And I knew I was just a rebound, a distraction, but still that didn't stop me from saying yes. He proposed me 4 months ago, and again, I said yes(only after the approval of scorpius ofcourse,who was now 3 years old), even when I knew that he couldn't love me the way he loved her.

In our 2 years of dating, he has barely ever complimented me. Always compared me to her. Everything I do, he always tells me to do it her way. I have tried. I have always tried to make him see me. The actual me. But he just never seems to notice.

When I wear makeup, he would look at me and say, 'Astoria never wore this much makeup.' And I would just sigh, and wipe it off, just so he would look at me the way he looked at Astoria.

Even during our intimate moments, he would sometimes whisper her name. And it killed me from inside. Because at that moment, I knew he would never be able to see me as me. That when we would have our moments, the only person in his mind would be her. That when he proposed me a few months ago, it was her in his head who he was asking to marry.

I craved his love so much that I went to the point where I started dressing like Astoria, but even that didn't seem to work.

Heck! Even Scorpius calling me 'mama' didn't do any effect on him.
And when he heard the news, he seemed rather upset. And that was when I knew that I'll never be enough for him.

Because I am not her.

"Merlin! Y/N! I have been calling you!"

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't notice the tears forming in my eyes, and the voice of footsteps coming downstairs.

"Sorry, I didn't seem to hear.", I responded while trying to blink away the tears.

"Its alright. Anyways, have you seen my office file? The blue one?"

"Uh..no?", I responded with a confused face. How would I know where he kept his office file?

"God Y/N! How are you so irresponsible? It was in my office bag..and I gave it to you for you to keep it safe!",he snapped.

"Astoria was much more responsible", he mumled under his breath but I still heard him.

"Stop doing that!", I snapped.

"STOP doing what?", he said with annoyance clear in his voice.

"Stop comparing me to her, to Astoria.", I half yelled.

"We are not doing this again,Y/N", he groaned.

"I am trying. I told you I am trying!"

"How? By bringing her up in everything I do?!", I raised my voice even higher.

"Merlin! We have talked about this before!", at this point we were both yelling.
"I told you, I told you that I needed some time to get over her properly-"

"THEN WHY DID YOU ASK ME OUT IF YOU WEREN'T READY, DRACO?!",I cut him off.
This shut him up. He just looked at me with a shocked face.
We both went quiet. The heavy silence that came after was unbearable.

"I'll never be good enough, will I?",I finally broke the silence. My voice just above a whisper.

Tears were now streaming down my face.

"I was just a rebound, a distraction.", my voice a whisper.

"Y/N, listen to me-", he started.

"No Draco, You listen to me. Every thing, every single thing I do, you compare it to how she did it. Why can't you just accept me. I did not tell you to just forget her. No, I just asked you to try. Try and accept me for me. I gave you time, Draco. 2 years. Weren't they enough for you to love me? Was my love not enough for you to accept me?-"

DRACO'S POV

"I love you, Y/N!, I love you!", I cut her off with a pleading expression on my face.

"I know you love me, Draco. But I also know that you don't love me enough. And I don't know which hurts more.", she sniffled.

I just took a deep breath. I know she was right. And I didn't even try to deny it.

Again, a heavy silence fell upon us before she decided to break it.

"I am tired of this. I am tired of being compared to. I am tired of feeling that I am not enough. I am tired of not being myself, of not being who I really want to be, of not doing things how I want them to be.",she sighed.

I snapped my head up to her.
"W-what do you mean?"

She took a deep breath and looked at her left hand, where the engagement ring sat. No, no,no!
She took off her engagement ring.

I looked at her face to see she was already looking at me.

"No! Y/N! I need you, Scorpius needs you! You can't just do this. You can't leave us!", I shouted, tears forming in my eyes.

"I am sorry Draco. I can't live like this. I can't marry you-marry you knowing that you'll never love me-love me how I want you to!", she was now sobbing. The tears that were forming were now flowing like a waterfall.

"W-what about Scorp? H-he needs you! He even calls you 'mama'! "

"And did you want him to call me that?", she whispered.

"I'll visit Scorp every weekend. I know he'll be upset at first but he's a strong boy. He'll get over it eventually. When he gets a new mama, someone who is enough.", she said while looking at me straight in the eye.

"Don't do this,Y/N. Please, I love you!", I was now whispering.

She just wiped away her tears and sniffled.

She took my hand in hers, placed the ring on my palm and closed my hand.

"I love you, Draco. I really do. And I will love you forever. But I can't do this. I can't be with you. I deserve better."

And just like that, she walked away.

And I let her.

Because I knew that she was right. That I'll never be able to love her the way she wanted me to.

Because I knew that she deserved better.

A/N:So yeah! I tried. Lemme know if you want part 2.
Also, you are you. And you should be enough. You dont need to pretend to be someone else for someone to love you. If they actually love you, they'd love you for who you are and how you are!