I like you

"Hey Y/N! Wait up!"

Y/N groaned. She knew this voice very well. Draco Malfoy.

Ever since the start of their 4th year, he had been following her almost everywhere. She didn't mind though. She surprisingly enjoyed his company, but only when he is not annoying her.

They have been friends ever since first year and shared the same slytherin friend group.

"What Draco?", she rolled her eyes while turning around, only to be met by his chest. They were so close, they both could practically hear each other breathing. She looked up to see him already looking at her. Heat rushed to her cheeks while he smirked.

She internally groaned at the thought of him seeing her blushing so she looked back down and took a step back while clearing her throat.

"W-What do you want?", shit. She stuttered.

Draco's smirk only grew wider at this.

"Blushing, are we?", he chuckled while her eyes widened.

"W-what? No", she stuttered for the second time while her cheeks became redder- if that was even possible.

He leaned closer to her face and whispered,

"I know you like me, love. No need to be shy."

She didn't respond but her breath hitched. She gazed into his eyes and watched his eyes avert to her lips for a brief moment before returning to gazing into her eyes.

Draco himself was mesmerized. He has liked the girl since last year and he finally got to be this close to her. He had been told that she liked him too. So, he followed her around and teased her to get her to finally admit her feelings to him.

He leaned closer and watched her eyes flutter close and lips part. How badly he wanted to kiss her, but instead, he kissed her cheek softly and pulled back with a huge grin on his face.

Y/N's eyes opened immediately and she could almost punch him. How dare he? She glared at him while he just smirked.

"Well, I have to go now but I'll see you later, darling.", he turned around and walked away.

How dare he walk away like this? Why did he not kiss her?

Wait what? Why did she want him to kiss her? She didn't like him, did she? No, it was probably the heat of the moment.

She shook her head to get rid of these thoughts and made her way to her next class, still thinking about what happened and what could've happened.

That night, she couldn't sleep properly because of that day's events replaying in her head. Did she really like him? She couldn't deny, he was attractive. And he had always been a good friend to her despite all the meaningless bickering and teasing. Maybe she did like him.

The next day, she was making her way to the great hall for breakfast when she felt an arm around her shoulder. Draco.

"Hey Y/N!", he exclaimed over-enthusiastically.

"Hey,Draco! Someone is in a good mood today.", she said while chuckling.

"I mean, I get to see my favorite girl this early in the morning.", he shrugged while looking down at her.

Butterflies swamed through her stomach while Y/N, yet again blushed, but rolled her eyes while muttering a short "charming".

One thing was for sure. Y/N Y/L/N liked Draco Malfoy.

The next few weeks were a blur. Not a day went by without Draco making her blush. He was enjoying this too much. Seeing her blush because of him made him proud and happy. They both were seen together almost everywhere and some even suspected that they were secretly dating.