Awakened from Fire

Screaming and crying was all you remembered hearing, even over the roaring fire you could only focus on those pleas for someone to come back.

You remembered the rush of adrenaline rushing through your veins as you ran through the burning building, looking for the source of the desperate cries for forgiveness. Already knowing who it was coming from you called out to them, almost like you where screaming for them too.

Quickly the screams quieted down, causing yours to be more loud, more rapid and sounding like a desperate plea as you continued looking through the burning building. Getting faster and faster as you dodged the flames as best as you could, rushing through the building.

"Please don't be dead." Was the only thought that ran through your mind as you continued your pursuit for the girl.

Soon enough your coughing got worse and worse as you inhaled too much smoke, collapsing onto the floor but still determined to find her. Coughing like mad you dragged yourself on the floor as you tried to continue your mission, forcing your eyes open as they where heavy and dared to close.

Giving into the smoke you stopped crawling and layed there on the floor, trying to breathe as you looked towards a doorway. The only way out of the area you where in, thinking that you where going to die there.

Slowly as your eyes closed you saw a figure enter your closing sight, hearing them call out but not hearing what they said. The last thing you saw was the figure approaching you with another close behind it.

*************

"Powder!" You shouted as you jolted up, disoriented on your surroundings you tried to calm your breathing as you looked around.

Inside the small room was only a few pieces of furniture: a bed in which you where resting on, a wooden chairs, a small table beside another chair that looked out of the small window; the only light sauce in the whole room. Meaning it's daytime.

Another inspection of the chair by the window was a brown arm chair with golden embellishments, the seat itself could rotate 360° and had comfortable padding. The chair looks to be inspired by the art deco movement; a seat that once belonged to a dear friend of yours, lost to you forever.

It was your room at The Last Drop, the bar owned by Vander.

A knock at the door made you jump out of the bed, slowly creeping to the door you opened up a crack to see who it was. Looking down you see a small girl with big blue eyes and bubble gum blue hair to match look up at you in pure joy.

Powder.

Swiftly opening the door you scooped up the 8 year old in your arms and hugged her, "My god, Powder. You scared me to death!"

Putting down the now giggling girl you got on your knees, cupping your hands on her small cute face. "Are you hurt? What happened?" You asked as the amazing little girl's face went from joyful and happy to sad and on the verge of tears.

"Vi... She..." Powder's eyes welled up in tears as you used your thumb to wipe her tears away, as you moved one of your hands from her face you saw a mark you didn't see before. It was a bruise and a very big one too.

Without saying anything else you brought Powder into you room and sat her down on your bed, going over to the shelves on the other side of the room you looked around for your secret stash. After finding a small jar you reached for it.

Pulling down the jar you remembered when Powder and Violet would always steal your secret stash of sweet treats. Remembering the day you caught the two stealing some lollipops, from then on you hid the jar on a high shelf to stop them from getting to it.