Ghost Stories

"Jinx, would you be a dear and leave us for a moment. Me and Y/n here need to talk in private." Silco asked the blue haired girl, she was happy enough to comply as she left with a small 'see you later'.

'Jinx'... Is Powder going by Jinx now?

After the door closed you sighed and looked away from him, feeling the guilty you've been carrying for many years weigh you down. You couldn't speak, you couldn't find the words. Only that you knew the next few minutes would be uncomfortable.

"Please, sit." Silco gestured to the small couch. The couch matching the chair in your bedroom, you sat down on the chair and watched Silco move away from the window and walking around the big desk that sat right in front of the window. The desk as well matched the chair and the sofa.

Silco sat down on the desk, "I would sit down in my chair but somehow it disappeared."

"I'm guessing you want it back?" You asked in a cocky tone, trying to play with him and ease the obvious tension between the two of you.

He just rolled his eyes at you, a small smile appeared on his face, "You haven't changed."

"I see you haven't changed much yourself." Before he could respond you hanged your head low, "I'm sorry about what happened to you. I'm sorry that I didn't help you or come find you... I had no choice."

"I know that you didn't have a choice, Vander was extremely intimidating back then." Silco looked down at your sad body posture and could only feel bad for you, "I would like you to know that I don't blame you for anything that's happened. I'm just happy to see you again."

Looking up at him you could clearly see that he wasn't lying, you could always tell if he was lying or not. It helped that you two grew up together.

"What happened that night? The fire." Needing answers you asked the question that nibbled at you, hoping he'll answer you.

"Jinx was behind the fire, she blew up the building. The two boys and Vander died during the explosion and Vi ran away, leaving Jinx alone." Silco took out a cigar and lighter, setting the end on fire he placed the lighter back in his pocket and took a deep breath in with the cigar clenched between his teeth, "That's what we thought until we heard you calling out for Jinx."

"You heard me?" Knowing it was a dumb question but you asked it anyway.

"Yes. Jinx begged me to come save you. After telling me who was in the building I ran in looking for you." Looking up at him you could clearly see something in his eyes that he showed many years ago, a sign that he still cared for you.

"Thank you for saving me."

Silco finally got off of his desk and walked towards the couch, sitting down next to you, "It's the least I can do for you."

He then placed a hand on your face, the backs of his fingers stroking your cheek. "I've waited years for this moment," before you could say anything he leaned in and kissed your forehead.

"Did you miss your favourite arsonist that much?" A cocky smile appeared on your face once more after he pulled away from that tender forehead kiss.

Taking another inhale of his cigar he breathed out the killing smoke, "More than you realize."

After a moment of brief silence you sighed, "So. What do we do now?"

Getting off of the couch he walked back over to the window, looking out at the landscape in front of him. "Now l must run the Undercity, carry out with my plans and free us all."

You let a small moment pass and you too got up and joined him by the window, "We?"

"Yes, 'we'. You, me, Jinx and Sevika. We'll make them all pay." He didn't bother to look at you, just continuing to look out at the building.