1.01

CYRA WISHED SHE HAD SOMEONE TO TALK TO.

The secret of the Greek camp was killing her. Everyday, she woke up with the urge to travel to the Greek camp, sit down, not moving until she got Jason back.

She might sound crazy, but Jason was her best, oldest, most dearest friend.

In all her life, she'd never been away from Jason for long. When Jason entered the Camp, he had only been four years-old. One of Cyra's moms saw the toddler, who'd gotten lost in New Rome, and brought him home with her.

The first time Cyra saw Jason, he was stuffing his face with her mom's signature chicken taquitos. The five year-olds were too shy to talk to each other, both gobbling up their taquitos in silence.

Until Cyra saw Jason's arm where there was a tattoo of an eagle and one line.

The young girl remembered that her mother had a tattoo too. So did her grandparents. Her family told her stories of being in Camp Jupiter and fighting for Rome. She was surprised to see someone her age already in Camp Jupiter.

Since her mothers didn't let Cyra join Camp Jupiter until she was twelve, she was forced to live vicariously through Jason. When she was finally allowed to join the legion, she was placed in the First Cohort due to her family's contribution to Rome.

Despite being in different Cohorts, Cyra and Jason never stopped being best friends. Cyra was happy for him when he was elected as Praetor; she helped him through his many quests and journeys; whenever he doubted himself, she was the only person he showed it to.

The whole camp expected Cyra to take over his position when he disappeared. Reyna, a Praetor who served with Jason, didn't like the idea. Cyra was sure that it was due to the fact that Reyna had a crush on Jason and didn't want to accept that Jason was gone. The argument created a rift between the friendship of the two girls. Octavian, the Augur, thought he should replace Jason, pointing out that Cyra was a girl, and there couldn't be two female Praetors.

That seemed to ruffle many feathers among the Cohorts and everyone came to the unanimous decision to elect Cyra as Praetor. Eventually, Reyna began to accept the decision- having to manage a camp alone was more strenuous than she originally thought, although Cyra hadn't been at camp for the past few weeks.

Cyra went on a solo quest to find Jason. The whole camp expected her to come back with Jason in tow, but she returned empty-handed. It was a huge disappointment for everyone.

Technically, Cyra did find him. Albeit she also found out the existence of a Greek camp who worshipped Greek Gods. No biggie.

If only someone knew. Anyone.

Cyra tried to go about her day as she normally would, but worry filled her mind. What if a civil war breaks out within the two camps?

That was why she couldn't tell anyone about Jason. Camp Jupiter would fight for their former Praetor and the Greek camp didn't seem willing to give him up.

"Hazel," Cyra acknowledged as she stood in front of the daughter of Pluto, gripping onto her spear.

"Cyra," The young girl returned the greeting. Hazel Levesque was fairly new to Camp Jupiter- having arrived only four months ago. Unlike other campers- who came under the guidance of Lupa- Hazel was led to Camp Jupiter by Nico di Angelo. Nico requested for Jason and Reyna to take Hazel in, and they did.

Hazel was a good warrior, and it was easy to teach her. It was customary to only teach your own cohort, but Cyra replaced Jason as Hazel's mentor.

The reason was simple, Hazel was a descendant of the Big Three, a daughter, no less. Rome may have their reservations about Pluto, but they cannot ignore the fact that he is powerful. Jason and Reyna allowed Hazel into the camp without any form of recommendation to train her to be the next Praetor. She was young, and strong, and she needed the best mentor Camp Jupiter could provide.