1.05

CYRA NEVER WONDERED WHO HER FATHER WAS.

She didn't want to know, and she didn't need to know.

At no time did her moms ever mention him. Cyra assumed that it was a sensitive topic for them.

She made an excuse to leave, Reyna eyed her suspiciously but told her to send her regards to Cyra's family.

At the Pomerian Line, Cyra willingly gave up her weapons to Terminus, who scowled at her. Cyra didn't take it personally- he even hated Jason, who was the camp's golden boy.

Walking down the streets of New Rome was nostalgic. The last time she visited the city, she was with Jason and Reyna. Cyra forced the two of them to take a day off and join her at the cinema. Reyna left in the middle of the movie but Jason stayed. They visited Cyra's moms, who looked more happy to see Jason then Cyra.

Cyra didn't have to think much about the journey to her childhood home- she knew the streets well. She greeted some of her neighbours and waved to the kids as they stared at her purple cape in awe. Her mind was occupied with the questions she would ask her moms. They were going to have a long conversation.

She pressed the doorbell and waved to the camera at the front gate. Immediately, the metal bars slid open for her. The trek through her garden felt like a walk through Tartarus.

She used to love playing in the garden with Jason. When they were young, her house felt like a castle. The marble walls with gold accents; the large stained glass windows; the countless old paintings; and the many many bedrooms.

But she was dreading the talk she would have with her moms. What would she find out?

The Andrés family was huge. It started with Álvaro Andrés, who was Venus' son and Cyra's great-great-grandfather. He had six children, who each had their own families. A large number of them lived in the Andrés mansion.

Cyra heard from her neighbours who had lived outside New Rome before about how lucky she was, but her life seemed normal. There were many other families in New Rome who lived the same luxurious way she did.

Cyra opened the door to a dozen bodies, ranging from infants to adults. She went around greeting them, racking her brains to remember their names. Once they decided to stop their ambush on her, she dragged her moms away from the crowd.

Cyra knew which one of them was her biological mother, anyone with eyes could tell. They both had the same eyes, nose, lips, hair, and skin. It was clear that Lucille Andrés gave birth to Cyra.

Her other mother, a clear-sighted mortal, met Lucille when Cyra was two years-old. Since Cyra had such a huge family, she never felt lacking fatherly love, or any love at all, but she still embraced Tricia Harris as her mom.

Cyra loved both her moms, but she still forced them down into a seat, and demanded to know the truth of her birth.

"Honestly, Cyra," Lucille said. "I have no idea who your father is."

"Mom, I'm seventeen, you can tell me. If he's dead, then he's dead. If he's a jerk, who cares? Not me."

Her mom- Tricia- gently put her hand on Cyra's. "Where is this coming from, sweetie?"

Cyra sighed. "Would you two accept it if I told you I have a school project on my family tree?"

Her moms shook their heads.

"Can you guys just trust me?" Cyra pleaded.

Her moms had a silent, seemingly telepathic conversation.

"I really have no idea who he is, or if he even exists. You see, one day, I was just pregnant. I had my fun with boys, too many to remember, but I was always careful. When I found out that had you, I did some calculations and the conception date barely matched. I just assumed that you were my miracle baby."

Despite how touching that story was, Cyra couldn't accept it.

"So, do you have any idea who he is?"

Cyra's mom shook her head. "I don't remember any of them. I was on vacation and thought I'd never had to see them ever again, so I took my shot."

"Wait, you were on vacation?" Cyra gasped.

"Yes, why-"

"My dad wasn't from New Rome, or Camp Jupiter?"

"Not even close." Her mom confirmed.

"Cyra, what's wrong?"

"If my dad doesn't have Godly parentage," Cyra cried. "Then why can I do this!"

Her moms gasped. Cyra's hands glowed. Violet filled the room and reflected against the marble walls. It was so quiet that Cyra could hear the laughter of her cousins from the room across the hall.

One of her moms stepped forward and grabbed her hands, but she flinched away from the heat.

"I don't know what's going on with me." Cyra whispered, making the glow go away. "Help me, Mom."

HER MOMS FRETTED OVER HER FOR HOURS.

They fluffed her pillows and gave her blankets. They fed her soup, helped her to the toilet, Cyra was sure that they would've massaged her feet if she asked them to.

At midnight, they finally left her room, sharing whispers of worry with each other on their way out.

With all that they did for her, you would think that Cyra got a good night's sleep.

Demigod dreams were the worst. It started out with Cyra running away from flesh eating boreads and having to go on a pizza date with one of them. It ended with a very pretty lady in a Greek chiton.

She had auburn hair that was braided and wrapped around her head like a crown. She held a spear, which wasn't gold, but bronze. On the other hand, she had a shield. Her wings were almost as tall as she was, although it dragged a little behind her, so it was probably bigger than her. Each feather shone in the sunlight, reflecting greens and blues.

Cyra imagined what her wings would look like in battle. The red would contrast against the white, there would be cuts on them, but her wings would still be stronger than ever.

"It's interesting to see that your first thought is combat." The lady said. Her voice was deep and raspy.

"Is that bad?" Cyra inquired.

"No, it's good. I'm proud to see that you've taken some traits from me." Her words should've been said in a happy tone, but her voice was neutral.

Cyra gasped. "Are you... my dad?"

"That's funny." Again, her voice was monotonous. "No, I'm your mother."

━ 𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨 © 19/12/21

note!
I don't usually do notes but
I wanna know who you guys
think this lady is!! have fun
guessing :D