1.04

SPARRING WITH PRECY WAS SO MUCH MORE FUN THAN SPARRING WITH HAZEL.

Cyra dodged another attack from Riptide before charging forward with her own strike. She hit him, but like always, no blood was drawn. Percy didn't have a scratch on him.

It puzzled Cyra to see how invulnerable Percy was. Why couldn't he get hurt? His whole body was his armor, and no one could get through. Cyra asked him about it, but Percy said that he didn't know why he had metal-skin.

At least fighting with Percy was a breath of fresh air, a break from having to teach Probatios. Cyra loved training new heroes and taking them under her wing, but she longed for a fair battle. She wanted to be challenged.

In a moment of weakness, Cyra lost footing and almost fell. Percy's right arm ticked, urging him to take Cyra down, but he didn't.

"Don't hold back," Cyra panted.

Percy shrugged and faked an attack. Cyra had the chance to disarm him, even a Probatio could see how lenient he was.

"Take me down, Percy," Cyra became more aggressive with her attacks. If this was an actual battle, Percy would've won a long time ago, but he refused to take her seriously and fight.

The fight went on for a while. Cyra urged Percy to be more tough and Percy refused to. Cyra didn't know why.

She dropped her gladius and stared Percy in the eye. "Do you think you'll hurt me? Is that why you won't properly fight me? You know you'll win."

Percy didn't say anything, which gave away his answer.

"Fight her, Percy," Lupa commanded. "Prove that the past two months of your training didn't go to waste."

Percy looked between the two women. He himself didn't know what he was capable of, and these two lunatics wanted him to hurt his only friend.

A bell sounded, signifying the start of the fight. Cyra immediately took the attacking end and pushed Percy back. He deflected her every blow with ease and started to bring Cyra to the edge of defense.

After being forced into a corner, Cyra had no choice but to start protecting herself. But Percy didn't listen to Lupa. There were many times where he could have taken Cyra down, but he didn't. Cyra could see his plan. He wanted to tire her down to make it seem like he defeated her. This way, Cyra wouldn't get hurt.

"I'm not a baby! I can take your attacks." Cyra yelled.

Percy glared at her. "An injury could be fatal!"

"You won't be able to kill me easily!" Cyra was frustrated. In all her life, in all her fights, she always pushed her opponents to the edge. That was the Roman way. Injuries were worn proudly, it was the mark of a warrior. Cyra knew exactly where to hurt her opponents in order to take them down, but not enough to kill them. Why couldn't Percy be more... Roman? Were Greek fights so boring?

"If you were in New Rome, you wouldn't get their respect." Cyra blurted. "Fighting like this is pathetic!"

"I'm trying to protect you!" Percy cried.

"You can't protect anyone with skills like that!" Cyra argued. Shit. She immediately regretted her words.

Percy's eyes glazed over. He looked lost, like he was seeing something disturbing. Cyra scanned their surroundings but saw nothing unusual in sight.

"He's having a flashback," Lupa warned.

Cyra stepped back. Percy looked angry, and sad. If Cyra had to guess, he remembered something that he lost. Or someone.