1.06

CYRA LAUGHED OUT LOUD AT THE LADY'S WORDS.

She narrowed her blue eyes at her, saying, "I didn't say anything funny."

Cyra smiled. "There's no way you're my mom. My mom is Lucille Andrés. You got the wrong girl, lady-"

"Lady?" She bellowed. "I am not a lady, I am a Goddess."

Cyra could've guessed that herself, it wasn't everyday that she saw someone with wings. Judging by her chiton, she wasn't a Roman Goddess, which scared Cyra, but the Goddess didn't seem to want to kill her.

Cyra didn't know many Greek myths, she didn't study Greek Gods because she didn't have to. Ask her about Roman Gods and she would never stop talking. She tried to narrow down the possible identity of the Goddess in front of her.

Her mind filled with ridiculous pictures of a baby in underwear with a bow and arrow. Did Cupid ever appear in a woman's body?

Or maybe it was one of Cupid' siblings. Maybe...

Cyra gasped. "Are you Nike?"

The lady- no, Goddess looked offended. "Do I look like Nike?" She summoned a mirror and examined her face. "Oh no."

Cyra wanted to tell the Goddess that she didn't mean to upset her, and that she had never even seen Nike before.

"Please," The Goddess scoffed. "I think you may need to go to the ophthalmologist, Cyra. I look way better than my sister."

Sister? Cyra didn't know that Victoria/Nike had a sister. She vaguely remembered Potestas, God of strength and might, but other than that, her mind was blank.

The Goddess said, once again in an unvarying tone, "It hurts to see that my own daughter has no idea as to who I am. Most of the modern world has forgotten about me too. During the Titanomachy, I did many great things for the Gods. Even after the war, I stood, with my siblings, with Zeus. We were his enforcers. When he needed strength, he turned to us. Although, I seemed to have been overshadowed by Nike."

Cyra wanted her to get to the point. Sure, her story was sad, but Cyra was curious to know who she was, and why she claims to be her mother.

"You see, child," The Goddess looked straight into Cyra's eyes. She was surprised to see that her eyes were violet, the same shade that Cyra's hands had been. "I am Bia, Goddess of force, power, energy, and compulsion."

"I'm sorry," Cyra said. "But that doesn't ring any bells with me. If you could wake me up, and let me Google it, maybe I'll remember who you are. Cause Bia is your Greek name, and I'm a Roman legacy-"

"You are not a Roman legacy." Bia blurted. "You are a child of Bia, a Greek demigod."

"No." Cyra shook her head. "No, no, no. I am the Praetor of the Twelfth Legion. I lived in New Rome my whole life. It's my home. You can't deny me that. Even if you really are my mom- which I find it hard to believe- I'm still a Roman warrior. I grew up here, my loyalty lies with Rome because it is my home. I don't care what my blood says, if I am a Greek demigod, Rome will always be my home. Now, get me out of this nightmare!"

"Calm down. I don't see what the problem is. Greece is magnificent. If you want to be a warrior there, great. We have better weapons, see," She showed Cyra her spear. It was shiny, even the shaft.

"It's made from Celestial bronze, forged by Hephaestus himself. Dories, or Dorus, were so popular in Greece."

"Dory?" Cyra asked.

"Yes," Bia passed the spear to Cyra.

She felt like laughing. This dream was ridiculous.

Bia helped to press a button in the middle of the spear. The shaft shook as plates appeared on it. The plates folded on top of each other, a few of them turned to cover the blade, and what was left was a bronze cylinder the size of a spyglass. There was a small carving at the bottom of the now collapsed spear.

"Susan." Cyra read out loud. She looked up at Bia in exasperation.

Bia explained, "I was watching you and you told Percy Jackson that you wanted to name your weapon Susan. Was that a joke? I couldn't tell."

"Hold on, can we rewind to the part where you said you were watching me?"

Bia sighed. "Technically, I was watching Percy Jackson. He's a famous hero in Olympus. However, he angered Zeus many times, and Zeus assigned some Gods to watch him, especially now that he's away from camp."

Cyra felt her heart drop. "So Percy is from the Greek camp."

Bia nodded. "He's their unofficial leader."

"I feel like punching you in the face because everything you say is messing up my life." Cyra's voice cracked. "But I will refrain myself from doing so, and instead ask, how can I have two moms?"

Bia frowned. "Lucille didn't know that I'm a Goddess, she still doesn't. We fell in love years ago. Deep down, she knew that she didn't want to be with a man, but she denied it. She told me how she desperately wanted a baby of her own. When I left, I gave her a gift. A miracle."

"Me."

Bia nodded.

"So you really are my mom." Cyra whispered.

"Yes."

"Oh my Gods, I have three moms," She tried to wrap her head around that idea. "And my glowing hands come from you too?"

Bia nodded. "I'm the Goddess of energy. I can do many things, like manipulating energy, including making a force field. Hecate and I worked together to protect the camps millennia ago."

Cyra was scared to ask, but she said, "What else can I do?"

Bia explained to her how to control her powers. It seemed difficult, but she told Cyra that she would help her for a while. It reassured Cyra to know that she had a Goddess at her side. Bia also told her that she could make someone invulnerable. Cyra asked if she had been unconsciously doing it for Percy but Bia shook her head and said something about a curse. Cyra could also enchant weapons, make her opponents weaker, and compel others, although Bia said the last one was indefinite.

"I'll just wake up and suddenly have all these powers?"

"They were triggered the moment you walked into the Greek camp." Bia explained. "I'm here to help you control it."

Bia started to vaporize. Cyra wanted to ask her to stay.

"I know you have many questions, Cyra," Bia said. "But now, you need to wake."

"What about the spear?" Cyra held out the spyglass sized bronze rod.

"It's yours, Cyra."

━ 𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨 © 20/12/21

note!
these are rare but i wanted
to say that i love writing
cyra so much