~Chapter one~

(Y/N)'s POV

It's past 5 p.m. i just got out of school, and i am now running late for work.

(YN): Mom is gonna be angry at me. Why did i sign up for the fencing club, anyway? I didn't expect the orientation to last that long. And why does fencing have so many rules? I thought you hold a sword, and that's just it. And why I am talking loudly to myself? Weird.

I arrive near an alleyway, the one i always use as a shortcut.

(Huh?  What's going on?) 

A couple of thugs stand in the middle of the path, they are surrounding a girl. She looked terrified. Upon closer inspection, i notice that she has long, pointed ears.

Thug 1: Hey sweetie. Look at those cute, sexy ears.

Thug 2: How's about you go with us for some drinks, eh?

Thug 1: Yeah. It'll be so much fun. What do you say?

Girl: stand aside! i demand that you kneel down and apologize for your behavior.

Thug 1: Oooh, look at this. The lady is playing Hard-to-get.

Girl: I said stand aside! get your filthy hands off me!

(Hmm. I wonder if they're having a costume party. The girl seems legitimately terrified. That's for sure.)

(YN): Hey, idiots. Didn't your moms teach you to be nice to girls?

The thugs look at me like I'm a piece of meat.

Thug 1: Oh-ho-ho-ho. What do we have here?

Thug 2: Looks like someone wants to get some bruises today.

Girl: You there! Assist me, and you shall be generously rewarded.

Thug 1: Oh, shut up! You talk like a crazy person.

Thug 2: Don't mind the girl for now, Let's focus on this  meddling kid.

(YN): Who are you calling a kid?

The thugs turn toward me. their fist are curled, ready for action.

(Oh, great. Now i have to fight them)

Girl: Help me, brave warrior! Save me from the hands of these scoundrels.

(I can't take on these guys by myself! I need to make a run for it.)

Without thinking, i run toward the girl and throw her over my shoulder.

Girl: What are you doing? Put me down this instant!

(YN): I'm sorry, but this is for your own good, okay?

Thug 1: Hey, come back here! What are you-a coward?

Thug2: Give her back. She's our new friend.

I don't listen to them, of course. I break into a run, the mysterious girl slung over my shoulder.

Girl: Where are you taking me? A real warriornever carries a princess like this.

(YN): I would prefer if you keep quiet. You're already as heavy as it is. And besides, your ears are poking at my back. They're sharp as knives.

Girl: hmph. So rude!

Once we've lost track of the thugs, i place the girl back on the ground.

(YN): Are you okay? Did those guys hurt you?

Girl: ............

(YN): Hello? anybody there?

(Why is she suddenly quiet? Like she's waiting for me to say something.0