Chapter 1

They say all stories have a happy ending.

"What a joke" I inquire while putting the book back. I squat down and pick up another book.

"Hmm" I sigh and pick my basket up resting it on my forearm. I open the book to read the first page while making my way back to where I left Livy.

Turning the corner, I crash into a bookcase.

Ow

I groan while rubbing my head. I quickly look up at the bookcase only for it not to be a bookcase but a man. His aura was one of power. I studied his face intensely and realization struck me but not entirely, I didn't want to believe that he had escaped the underworld and was standing in front of me.

Father

Not possible he was banished

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry, I didn't mean to walk into you, I should've been paying atten- "I babbled.

"It's ok, I was looking for my wife and didn't see you either" he replied cutting me off.

I nod, slightly tilting my head to the left. A blonde woman walked up to us and wrapped her arms around his bicep while smiling giddily at him. She turned her head to me and her smile turned into a frown before she smiled again.

I know her.

"Hades" I whispered to myself

His eyes flickered to a red and back to blue.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch your name"

"No need to exchange names it was an accidental bump" shifting my weight from foot to foot and fidgeting with my hands.

I gave them my best smile I could muster in such an awkward and tense situation.

"I have to go get my friend and I'm sorry again for bumping into you" I quickly blurted and waved. I turned around and walked away quickly, keeping my head straight. I could feel their eyes boring holes into the back of my head.

There she was sitting like a pretzel, still in the middle of the kids section. Her ginger hair in a lazy ponytail. She giggled like a kid at the pictures in the book.

I'm really best friends with her.

"Liv" I whisper yelled.

Her hazel eyes shot up at me as she quickly scrambled to her feet, almost tripping over her shoelaces. Adding her two books to my basket.

"Nope Olivia I am not buying you a kids book. I'll buy the other book but not that one." She stuck out her bottom lip, giving me her iconic puppy dog eyes and pleaded continuously.

"Stop, you know I can't say no to you with that face. Fine" I groaned

She squealed loudly and wrapped her arms around me, leaving wet kisses on my cheek.

Yuck

I wiped my face and gently pushed her away. She disappeared down a isle to the café as I went to the counter to pay. By the time I finished paying and got to the door she was waiting outside for me with two smoothies and a chocolate croissant. She gave me the smoothie and we walked to my car, and I got in, she stopped to talk to some boy that called her over.

Why is she so boy crazy?

She hopped in my car and started chatting happily about the boy asking her out and giving her his number. I ignored her as I pulled out of the parking spot and turned to her.

"One of these days you're going to get caught by your boy toys."

She pouted and rolled her eyes. I drove out of the parking lot and took the shortcut to my house.