Chapter 4

"I don't want to go to school today" I exclaim sourly

"You're already late and dressed, just take your motorcycle and go. When you come home later, we need to talk" my mom said sternly

"Oouu sounds serious, can't I stay home, and we talk now"

"Go"

I scrunch my eyebrows and rolls my eyes. I push my feet into my black sneakers and pull on my leather jacket. I grab everything else I need for school and turn to her.

"I saw him yesterday. When I come home, we really do need to talk"

Her eyes widen "Alina Arielle Cad- "

I shut the door cutting her off and getting on my motorcycle, I sped through traffic all the way to school. I park my bike as the end of second period bell rang. I make my way to the front office and got my detention slip and late pass.

The next three periods went by quickly. Now it's lunch time and here I am waiting in the back of the lunchroom impatiently waiting for her to enter. I can hear every conversation everywhere. I tune them out and listen for Liv's heartbeat and trace it to her voice. She's talking to her long-time crush.

"Achoo!"

Ew, I glance at the girl a couple of tables directly in front of me, angry that she interrupted my spying session. Liv sits right in my line of view with a broad smile on her face.

"Guess what!"

"Derrick asked you out. Finally,"

"How'd you know"

She starts sulking and I tap my ear.

"I can hear everything remember"

We continue our conversation as she eats her homemade lunch. Something hit her arm and ricochets onto the floor. I scrunch my eyebrows and look around to find out who threw it. My eyes land on Derrick and his group of jocks surrounding him. He's grinning at us from two tables away.

He points at the paper and mouths 'open it'. Liv opens the ball of paper, and her eyes widen.

"What does it say Liv?"

"Nothing important, your eyes are completely black. Alina relax please"

She says looking back up at me. She turns back to him and blows him a kiss. He winks at her and her face goes red from embarrassment.

"Tomato" I whisper laughing at her facial reaction.

"Oh, by the way you have to take me home again. My father and I had a huge argument this morning about my car, and I stormed out of the house forgetting my keys."

I bellow out a laugh. "You and your dad are always arguing about your driving habits. It's honestly sad."

She rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue out at me.

I look down at my watch and sigh. "Class will be starting soon"

She nods and tilts her head to the side. "Let's talk about your boyfriend coming home, I see you're wearing the necklace"

"Kairos is not my boyfriend; he is your brother and yes I decided to wear it for when he gets home"

She smiles and winks at me. I blush and roll my eyes.