Heart to heart

[I honestly have no idea what the title for this chapter should be😅]

Mike's P.O.V

It's been about a month and a half since Drake and I went to Freddy's. And since then, Drake has been acting differently towards us. He's a lot more angry lately and his smile is gone completely. Plus, he always locks himself in his room all the time and only comes out for food and school, and to use the bathroom. Not only that, but whenever he came out of his room, his hair and his eyes were a darker colour. Now his hair is pitch black with a few purple streaks and his eyes are a dark gradient of blue and purple. We're all concerned, me more than anyone else. We've been trying to cheer him up but nothing's working. He always just slams his door in out faces. I'm sitting at the breakfast table with an empty seat next to me, poking my eggs and bacon.

"Okay, it's clear to see that Drake has been acting differently for the past month and a half." Andrew says on the other side of the table.

"Master of the obvious." I say with no emotion present in my voice.

"Jeez, what's up your ass this morning?" Devon says nudging my shoulder.

"I'm concerned okay!?" I yell furiously setting my fork down on the table. The rest of the boys back away from me in their seats and I let out a sigh.

"Sorry, I'm just so worried about Drake. He's never acted like this before and I'm wondering if there's even anything I can do about it." I say resting my head on my arms.

"Well, you are his best friend. Maybe you can try cheer him up." Keith suggests.

"What do you think I've been doing for the past month!?" I growl dangerously.

"Morning everyone."

We all turn to the staircase to see Drake at the bottom in his PJs. A small smile appears on my face.

"M-Morning Drake. How'd you sleep?" I say nervously.

"Good." He says, no emotion in his voice. The smile fades.

"I'm, glad to hear that..." I mutter. He then comes over to his seat next to me, grabs his plate and walks up to his room, like he has been doing for about a week and a half now. I look at the staircase with a sad expression on my face.

"I should've expected this." I mutter after letting out a sigh. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"I think you should go talk to him Mike." Keith suggests.

"What's the point? Every time I do try to cheer him up it ends with the door being slammed in my face." I say helplessly.

"Y'know, he hasn't talked to anyone in the last month. The fact that he responded to you is enough for you to at least try again. Besides, if anyone will be able to cheer him up, it's you." He says reassuringly. I half smile and get up from my seat.

"Okay fine. But if I come down here with tears in my eyes I'm blaming you Keith." I say heading toward the staircase before making my way up to our bedroom. Hesitantly, I knock on the door before being greeted with the same response I've gotten for the last month and a half.

"Please go away Mike."

I don't really know how he knows that it's me. Maybe the way I knock? I ignore what he said and open the door slowly, peeking inside. I see Drake sitting on his bed away from the door with his plate next to him on the bed. Can't say I'm surprised to see him like this.

"I thought I asked you to leave." He says softly.

"You know I don't like being old what to do." I say at the same softness. He lets out a sigh.

"It's a little too late to go back to bed, so what do you want?" He asks. I just go over to his bed and sit next to him.

"You know you can talk to me right?" I ask. He stares at the wall in silence. I put my hand in top of his. He tenses his body for a second.

"Everyone's worried about you buddy. I know this is your way of getting over what happened, but it's been over a month and it hasn't gotten any better." I say to him.

"I just, need to process what happened, and I can't do that with everyone around." He mutters looking to the side. I flip his hand over and wrap my fingers between his. I notice that he has a shocked expression but after a few seconds he closes his fingers around my hand.

"Listen, you know you can talk to me about anything. You know I hate seeing you like this. You know I want to help." I start. He slowly turns his head to me, his eyes staring into mine.

"You're not alone. Please don't shut me out." I say wiping some of his hair back from his eyes. I let go of his hand and instead wrap my arms around him. His body tenses again, but after a while he hugs me back tightly and buries his face in my neck. I put my hand on the back of his head and soon after, my shoulder feels wet. He holds onto me tighter, sobbing uncontrollably.

"It's okay, let it all out. Get it out of your system." I tell him softly. We sat there for a good fifteen minutes just holding on to each other. Drake's sobbing stopped after the first ten minutes and we spent the rest of the time hugging. He doesn't wanna let go of me, which I don't mind. I'd rather have this moment last forever anyway.

▪▪▪Three hours later 

It's been a while since I got Drake to open up. The other boys were more than happy to see Drake come back downstairs with a small smile on his face. I'm pretty sure they all formed a dog pile on top of him, which he just laughed off. After that he spent the next few hours with me on the couch watching our favourite anime. By now the rest of the boys are at the skate park and Ms Lategan went to go see a friend, so that leaves me and Drake as the only two people in the orphanage. Right now I'm laying my head on top of Drake's shoulder, holding his hand.

"Damnit, there's nothing good on TV." I mutter flipping through channel after channel.

"Y'know, you haven't let go of my hand for the boys went to the skate park." Drake chuckles.

"Yeah, so?" I reply.

"It's just adorable." He says.

"Just like a certain boy I know." I say, a cheeky grin on my face. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Who are you implying?" He asks.

"It's best I keep it to myself to now." I wink at him. He ruffles my hair and squeezes my hand. The two of us sit in silence for a while.

"I've been thinking a lot for the past month."

"About?"

"About the last time me and Springtrap saw each other."

I look up at him, his expression is a bit gloomy, but makes him look like he's deep in thought.

"Oh, the day you found out that we were friends with a serial killer?"

"Yeah... I wonder if I caused more harm to our friendship by leaving like that than he has."

"So you're saying you feel guilty."

"Well, yeah. I do. A little. I just wonder if I should've just accepted the fact that he did what he did."

"You know, you still can. After all, those murders happened over twenty years ago. Its all in the past now. You can still fix things between you and him."

He looks at the wall holding his chin before looking at me with a half smile. I lift my head off his shoulder and look at him with a smirk.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He asks. I nod in response.

"We're going back to Freddy's."

A/N 

Those two are just adorable aren't they? I honestly have no clue what to write here so I'm just gonna end the chapter right now. Only another two or three until the book is over. So until then, I'll see you in the next chapter.