Chapter ten || First impressions are in session

Chapter ten. First impressions are in session

𝕹ICO WAS VERY ALARMED WHEN HE HEARD THERE WAS A BOY IN THE GARDEN OF BACCHUS, he'd been told that he was founded by Reyna today in the early morning. 

People started to talk about him until it was the only thing that was being said. Some thought he was a spy from somewhere, others thought he was a gift for them. But Nico speculated he wasn't there by choice. 

After Reyna and Jason had appointed a seminar with him, Nico was nervous, to say the least.

The location of their gathering took place in The Principia. It was made with white marble and the ceilings with mosaics telling the story of the founders of Rome, Romulus, and Remus. The walls are draped in velvet. Along the back wall stood a display of banners and wooden poles studded with bronze medals, military symbols of high prestige. 

The door was opened. Nico caught a glimpse of both of the young Praetors, Reyna, looked through some papers, and Jason, he was petting Aurum and Argentum. That boy was still a child in his heart, but he was ushered to grow up to become a leader. Nico felt bad for him.

Reyna noticed him. "Ambassador of Pluto, we have awaited your arrival." She signaled for him to sit. She also sat down, at her side was Jason and beside them were her loyal dogs.

Jason sent a kind smile to the dark boy. "Look, Nico, we just wanted to ask you some questions."

"Of course, does it involve Hazel?" 

"No it does not," Reyna responded calmly. "I don't know if you've heard of the newest arrival at Camp Jupiter."

Nico knew where this was going, "Yes, the boy in the Field of Bacchus?" 

Jason nodded. "We suspect he entered yesterday at dawn. But that's just speculation."

"Nico, we are going to tell you very confidential information about his arrival." The daughter of Bellona spoke. "You mustn't tell a soul."

"I understand."

She took out some papers with said boy, his body was laid out on a flower bed. His hair glinted. A mole in his neck caught Nico's attention, but it wasn't as engaging as a flower crown he wore, in his hand rested a rose along with a golden ax. To his left, there was a worn-out bag. 

"We haven't been able to identify him," told Jason. "We were wondering because you travel so much, have you seen him?"

Nico took a second glance at the picture, he didn't, but he had a feeling that he had to know.