Chapter twelve || The future is stupid, you're crazily devoted.

Chapter twelve. The future is stupid, you're crazily devoted

𝕯AKOTA WASN'T REALLY AWARE OF A NEW MEMBER OF HIS COHORT UNTIL HAZEL INTRODUCED HIM. He didn't see much in the boy, just a kind face and soft eyes, though nothing he hadn't seen before. He was fairly surprised that Reyna and Jason got him in a Cohort in the first place, given that he'd quote on quote "infiltrated" Camp Jupiter if the rumors were true. Wich, he knew they weren't as he saw the son of Flora.

"So Flora, goddess of flowers... that's his mom?" His lips were stained by the red Kool-aid he had been drinking.

"Yes, and stop drinking that!" Hazel scolded. "Jason told you to stop drinking that garbage of a drink."

"Mhmm, yeah, that's great Harper, now go eat a rock." Dakota was facing the strange boy. "Boop."

Theo wasn't expecting to have been booped by a complete stranger, but Dakota didn't seem to care. 

 "Please, try not to act like yourself around new members of the Cohort." A tall girl extended her hand towards Theo. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Gwen."

The boy was reaching out to her, but Dakota got in the way. "Hey, do not touch the queen, she is too good for you."

Theo cringed. "Theo, nice to meet you as well."

"Well, I know this is rushed and all, but are you the boy who just entered Camp Jupiter and your court got interrupted by Apollo?" 

"Yeah, word around here goes by fast."

Gwen smiled and Dakota's face got redder by the second. "You seem old for a new member, how old are you?"

"Fourteen."

Hazel patted his back. "Don't worry, Theo, I'm also turning fourteen this year, so we can be old together!"

He just nodded in response. 

"What matters if he's a little more like a grandpa. We're older than him." Dakota spoke quietly. 

"Is he drunk?" Theo mustered the courage to finally ask.

Gwen laughed. "Nope, but he drinks Kool-Aid like a mad man, plus he adds a lot of sugar to it, which accentuates his ADHD." She looked at the hipper active boy, his eyes had a tint of purple and his red lips were curled into a smile. 

"Gwen," Theo whispered. "You're blushing."

The girl drank a glass of water and left.

"Sorry about her, she's really head over heels for him, but they're both so stubborn to not notice that they like each other," Hazel said in a low voice.