⬖ C . 41

Unlucky day

Unlucky day.

Training took longer than usual and Zhou was already late to get home. But to make it worse, he missed the last bus and now he is standing outside of the sports academy waiting. He called her 10 minutes ago and she said that she would send someone to pick him up.

Constantly he kept on questioning who it would be but then it was answered as soon as he saw a figure approaching him from afar.

He did not expect it to be Renjun. "You not coming?" he questioned the boy who sat still staring at him. "Y-yeah" slowly he trailed behind the older boy who lead him towards his car. They haven't seen or spoken to one another since that day.

The day that Zhou told Renjun everything about what he went through in China. They both just sat in the car not saying a word. It was becoming uncomfortable for Zhou because he didn't know if he should start a conversation or not. "How was your lesson?" The older boy broke the silence to which Zhou thanked internally but it was still a bit awkward. But something surprised him. Renjun starting a conversation. He had never done this before.

Renjun made his mind up. He promised himself that he would treat the boy better and get closer to him. He knew that is would be difficult but he knew that he would have to put some effort. "It was ok" Zhou didn't have much more to say. Humming Renjun switched on the music drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

However something caught his eye. Zhou was shifting around in his seat making a dissatisfied expression. Squinting his eyes he realised that the passenger seat was not in a comfortable position.

Suyin is obviously shorter than the boy so she didn't require as much space for her legs then Zhou did. Chuckling Renjun leaned over when they got to the red lights. Pressing a bottom he allowing his seat to swiftly move back.

"Thank you" the younger boy mumbled before looking away. He was well aware that Renjun was still staring at him but he tried his best to look away. He didn't mean to stare at him like a creep. But Renjun noticed how the boy looked more like their mother. Especially his eyes.

Tilting his head his pupil fell onto his long slender legs which now looked comfortable in place. "How tall are you?" he blurted out making Zhou snap his head to the older boy. Renjun wasn't looking at him anymore but was focusing on his driving.

"5'9 . . . nearly 5'10" he answered while thinking deeply.

His jaw fell a gap. 5'9

Renjun already knew that Zhou was taller than him but he felt his heart plummet taking into the fact that his younger brother over took his height at the age of only 15. He still has a lot more years to grow. But then again Zhou is a swimmer so it makes sense.

Why the hell did I not get the height genes?

He grumbled under his breathe. "We're here. Go in" he muttered slightly depressed. Zhou nodded and shut the door but before he entered in he turned around waving at the older boy.

"Bye Renjun ge" despite the fact that he heard him call him older brother many times before, it felt different this time.

A heartfelt feeling began to bloom within him. Unlike all the times before he didn't brush it off but instead latched onto it wanting to get close with him.