Chapter 1 the start of something new

This 8th grader has some things she needs to work out. Lucas. Lucas and Riley. Mr. And mrs. Friar. Nothing fluttered through Riley's mind more. She was 13 years old and she already meet the person She thought she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Her best friend, maya heart had a boyfriend too. Farkle. She really liked him to but forever is a long time. Maya always looked over at Riley to see if she understood the assignment. So she could copy off of her homework later. But this time was different. Riley had no notes. She had her journal flipped and she was drawing. But what? Maya "dropped" her pencil near Riley's desk and got up to pick it up. "Oh." maya thought. "She is drawing pictures of her and Lucas. Wait a second! She took off the photo of us that I gave her to draw that!" Maya was hurt. she sat down and didn't say anything all she did was put her head down with a thud. "Ow" maya murmured. "Maya are you alright?" Cory Mathews, Riley's father, asked with concern. "I'm fine." she said with frustration in her voice. Cory looked over at his daughter hopeful for a answer to why maya was acting so weird. And yet Riley never looked up. She was not paying attention to anything. And that's how Cory got his answer. "Riley? Can I talk to you in the hall real quick?" He asked. "Sure dad." she replied. Cory headed out the door and quickly Riley flipped her journal back to how it usually is and then she headed outside with her dad not exactly knowing what to expect.