2

Back at the tower, the young girl was re-braiding her hair. She had been given permission to go to Antonio's gift giving ceremony as long as she promised to come home immediately after. "I'm going mother," The older woman gave her child a grin, grasping her arm and placing a flower behind her ear. Florence leaned into her mothers hand "Okay petal, stay safe and follow the rules." Florence tensed at the terms 'rules' before nodding obediently. She climbed down the stairs before rushing off.

Arriving at the Casita, she was greeted by the joyful cheers of people around the casita. Camilo was outside, shape shifting into different people and cheerfully greeting them. "hola mi amor, I didn't think you would make it with that perra-" she smacked the short boy and glared at him. "my mother is not a.." she quitted herself for a moment, before whispering "bitch...She's just a little rough around the edges" he rolled his eyes as they walked in. Mirabel y Antonio walked down the stairs, greeted by flurry of smiles from his family as well as a gentle kiss to the forehead. Florence wrapped her arms around the small boy, he buried himself into her hair. "what if I don't make the family proud.." he whispered, pushing himself deeper into her neck. "You will Pequeñito, gift or no gift. you are perfect, just the way you are. " Dolores squeaked at the adorableness her younger brother and her future wife were.

Time flew by and suddenly Antonio was standing at the beginning of the stairwell, looking at Mirabel and Florence for  support. He reached out for her "I can't" she whispered shamefully, Florence lifted up her dress. She walked towards him slowy, grasping his hand They both looked at Mirabel "I need you.." he whispered hopefully "me too.." Florence mumbled, giving her a pleading look. All  the others around gasped dramatically, the familia looking startled.  "come on, lets get you to that door." The creature resting on Florences shoulder gave her a mischievous look, she grinned back. Grasping the boy she lifted him onto her shoulder, slipping her hand into Mirabel's and she began to walk. Antonio smiled happily, his anxiety's whisking away as she did a little spin with him on her shoulders. The cousins exchanged jealous glances with a flustered Mirabel.

She set him down and bowed respectfully to Alma, who smiled gently. Alma lifted a hand and stroked the girls cheek, pressing a grateful kiss to her forehead. "you got this mi Pequeñito." She walked off and stood next to the rest of the madrigals. Luisa wrapped a protective arm around her waist and turned her head back to face her cousin. Antonio grasped his doornob and suddeny everything got quiet as animals began to surround. Everyone cheered happily, Proud of Antiono. 

Moments later everyone was in his room, partying happily. "You know, I can understand Pascal now." Antiono stated matter-o-factly. "He says you cheat at hide and seek" She gasped dramatically. "I dO NOT.