6

(MENTIONS OF OVERWORKING, STRESS, PANIC ATTACKS, AND DISSOCIATION )

Luisa Madrigal sat awkwardly in the corner, nervously curling a 70 pound weight in her hands. She wasn't struggling one bit, however, her overly nervous self had managed to convince herself that she was weaker than normal. She had been having a rough night, she wasn't a big fan of crowds. So this was not helping her anxiety. She also wished she could be there for her little sister, she wanted to tell her that she believed her. However, Alma would throw a hissy fit if she got near Mirabel right now. So instead, she sat quietly.

That was, until the town's artist walked up to her. "Hola Luisa, will you walk me home?" Luisa's heart stopped, she looked up at the girl. All of her anxiety's melted and were replaced with butterflies. She smiled weakly, placing down her weight, and standing up. "Yeah, let's head out, this place was getting crowded anyway." Florence snorted, rolling her eyes, and beginning to walk out.

Pascal came over and sat himself upon her shoulder. She glared at the pesky little Chameleon and swatted at him. "Are you okay luisa?" Florence asked sweetly, she placed her hand behind her back, and smiled sweetly. Luisa looked away quietly, thinking to herself. She had been really stressed out resonantly, work had been more difficult, and her abuela didn't make it any better. She had been pressuring Luisa into doing more for the family, chiding her for not doing enough.

Luisa stopped, her breathing heavy, and her ears ringing. What was happening? She couldn't do anything, her body was suddenly not her own. It felt as if she was watching from a distance. Why couldn't she be enough for her family? She knew it wasn't her responsibility to be the strong one in the family, but knowing and storing are two different things. She was spiraling, but then a hand came to her shoulder. She could feel it, she was suddenly back in her body. Still crying, barely breathing.

"Hey love, Can you do something for me?" Florence's voice was barely there, it sounded almost staticy. Luisa nodded rapidly, tears still falling.

"Tell me five things you can feel, you think you can do that for me?" Luisa's fingers went to Florence's waist. "t-the ground," She swallowed "Your dress, your hand, t-the grass, and-" her fingers went to Florence's hair "Your hair.."

Her breathing began to even, but she still felt panicked. "Good job honey, you think you can name 5 things you can hear?" She praised her, softly petting her hair. Luisa's crouched down body leaned into Florence's chest. "Y-your heartbeat, the birds, the party, crickets, and your voice." "good... see your still here, its all okay. I'm not leaving you."

"I promise I'm not leaving you."