49. Some Reminders.

Laxus stared at Natsu like he was some sort of foreign creature.

Natsu had tried to bite him five times just this morning, and Laxus ran all the way to Fairy Tail only for the feral child to chase him down.

He resorted to holding his sword, still sheathed, like a stick, and whacked Natsu over the head with it when he came too close.

(That only made Natsu think up sneakier ways to attack.)

"I don't know what his problem is," Laxus argued, sounding absolutely exhausted– he's still in a battle-ready position, and Natsu was growling, crouched on all fours like a cat ready to pounce.

He did.

Laxus screamed, his sword coming right down to smash the little figure into the floorboards. "Why does he keep attacking me?!"

Eir hummed, enjoying his very sugary and very caffeine loaded milkshake. "I don't know," he eats his egg on toast, "maybe because you're also a dragon slayer, he's fighting over territory?"

"What?!" Laxus yelled, and just in time, Natsu revived, lunging with a warcry. Laxus shrieked, and punched him away in a blast of lightning.

Natsu was sent flying right through the guild wall.

"Ah," Bickslow started, "Lightning Dragon's get-the-fuck-away-from-me returns."

"Fix that wall later," Eir said.

"Help me out here!" Laxus snapped.

-

After a whole morning of tousling and biting, Laxus managed to find a comfortable way to coexist. Natsu was hanging off an arm, still biting, because apparently he's a ferret or something, and Laxus has become content with just walking around with him, since Natsu is short enough he doesn't drag on the ground.

"He's like a really big keychain," Cana watched them go, her face in her hands, elbows resting on the table.

"Jealous?" Bickslow teased, and Cana only scoffed at the suggestion.

Eir was just happy that they were getting along, to some degree. Queen was by the bar now, having spent a night in Fairy Hills on Eir's dime with Kagura and Erza. Now she was having one hell of a luxurious breakfast, also on Eir's dime. Gray was there, for no reason other than he knew how terrifying older women got with cute girls and his fight or flight instincts didn't trust her too long with their very sane Erza.

"You can change guilds if you want to, you know?" Queen said, turning to Makarov, "right, Uncle Macky?"

"Uncle Macky?" Makarov repeated.

"Eh?" Erza seemed a little taken aback, "ah, no, it's fine! I like it here in Fairy Tail..."

"Awhhh, but you'd be perfect in Mermaid Heel!" Queen whines, "don't you think so too, Kagura?"

"I- I think so, too," Kagura said.

"See?"

"Hey," Gray spoke up, a little annoyed, jumping off his chair to grab Erza's arm, "Erza's a part of us now! Maybe you should join us instead, cause Erza's not going anywhere."

"But I knew her first!" Kagura argued, also jumping off her chair to take her arm, hiding behind Erza's back but strongly stating her stance.

Erza made a very conflicted noise, looking frantically between them, "uhhh, but..."